Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to run pre-mix, this should not change any future calculations
like: gallons of fuel to oz's of oil?
or will it drop my fuel mileage and not get a accurate idea of what my injection rate is?
just thought i might dump a little oil in the gas tank to be on the safe side, untill i get a more exact gallons of gas to oil measurement
this sounds crazy but i want to know whats going on before dealer cranks the oil pump up to super pumper!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Feb 11 2003, 02:19 PM
if i were to run pre-mix, this should not change any future calculations
like: gallons of fuel to oz's of oil?
or will it drop my fuel mileage and not get a accurate idea of what my injection rate is?
just thought i might dump a little oil in the gas tank to be on the safe side, untill i get a more exact gallons of gas to oil measurement
this sounds crazy but i want to know whats going on before dealer cranks the oil pump up to super pumper!
correct. premix is premix and that's all. just a precaution in this case. wouldn't hurt anything to put in a few ounces till you get a handle on how much you are using.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Rob,
did not think it would affect the equation, but wanted to be sure!
if i am running as lean as i think i am, dont you think it would have siezed by now?
though i never ride at steady speeds!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Feb 11 2003, 03:52 PM
thanks Rob,
did not think it would affect the equation, but wanted to be sure!
if i am running as lean as i think i am, dont you think it would have siezed by now?
though i never ride at steady speeds!
no, not necessarily.. engines can run pretty lean on oil for a long time.. But if you combine that leanness with other factors, such as high temps caused by low snow conditions, then you may get an unexpected visit from Mr Squeaky.

Best to get a handle on that oil usage and get the ratio under 70:1. You'll sleep better at night that way B)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gonna monitor it close this saturday, if lower michigan gets the snow they have forecasted!
if i am that lean, it will be extended warranty time!
or a 04 f-7! with that cool new seat! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts