Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read you post on the old board that you fixed the coolant leak where the hose is clamped to the bottle on the exhaust side. How did you fix it?? Did the sled go back to the dealer or did you fix it yourself? I read one guy just put a regular hose clamp on it. Is that what you did? If that works I will just do that.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
nyf5,
i removed the tank itself and just scraped the plastic flashing line where it seeps through ...........its the little bur of plastic when they put the two halves together in the manufacturing process. it did not take long at all . i used the stock clamps and no leaks !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I will want to do that. Then I will have to worry about air in the line if I take it off and do what you said. I will try a regular hose clamp first. If it doesn't work it will go to the dealer. Do you or anyone have the service bulletin for the coolant leak?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, what about clutching? Did I read you only changed the helix? What did you change to? What is the best set up. Have you changed jets?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Dec 9 2002, 05:50 PM
nyf5,
i removed the tank itself and just scraped the plastic flashing line where it seeps through ...........its the little bur of plastic when they put the two halves together in the manufacturing process. it did not take long at all . i used the stock clamps and no leaks !
I did the same thing except I used stainless hose clamps instead of the stock ones. No more leaking here :D

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the helix was changed and a shim was removed from the secondary, but more tests will be coming as long as there is snow and time!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Catzazz,

So, you removed the bottle and fixed it? What did you drain the coolant from the bottle, fix it then replace and refill? Did you have to burp it like crazy? Taking the bottle off must let in a lot of air right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
F-5SNOPRO,

I know you changed the helix. What one did you put in? Have you changed the jets? If not do you plan on it?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i have not touched the crabs yet and the helix we tried is a 53/51 ,its better but there is more room for improvement. ill adjust the crabs when the clutching is close,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you go with the 53/51 for overall performance or a specific area? Let me know what you find. I am looking at clutch kits and a helix for mine but I want to choose the best one. Any idea what helix you will try next? Let me know what you find on clutching. You seem to know your stuff and I appreciate the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts