Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am going to put the ripsaw on this weekend & I noticed that the windows are all open. I thought that half of them were supposed to be closed off? Can you look at yours & tell me what you have? They may have shipped me the wrong track. I want to make sure before I install & pick.

Part #9001H

Thanks in advance,
Nuke :div20:

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
nuke... not sure which one it was but there was one track that wasnt wide enough to use the out side wheels like on a 3 or 4 wheel kit

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
that was the hacksaw.. last yrs.. I think they fixed that I believe.

I just had a ripsaw in but sent it out yesterday. didnt even look at it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by Nuke Laloosh@Sep 2 2005, 09:17 PM
Hey guys,
  I am going to put the ripsaw on this weekend & I noticed that the windows are all open.  I thought that half of them were supposed to be closed off?  Can you look at yours & tell me what you have?  They may have shipped me the wrong track.  I want to make sure before I install & pick.

Part #9001H

Thanks in advance,
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859187
[/quote]
Just went out and looked at my ripsaw track and every third window is closed,I put it on last year.Maybe the new ones are different .

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Nuke Laloosh@Sep 2 2005, 10:17 PM
Hey guys,
  I am going to put the ripsaw on this weekend & I noticed that the windows are all open.  I thought that half of them were supposed to be closed off?  Can you look at yours & tell me what you have?  They may have shipped me the wrong track.  I want to make sure before I install & pick.

Part #9001H

Thanks in advance,
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859187
[/quote]The ripsaw I just got in from Dan @ ODS (#9001H) has all open windows and track clips every third bar. As much as I really liked the two 1 3/8" tracks w/102 studs I've run on my F7, I'm hoping that with a few more (156?) good long studs, and the 1 1/4" ripsaw pattern, to put even more power to the ground, under most conditions. Got a bud with last year's Mach Z, and an uncle with a new Attak due in soon, and hoping to keep 'em both on their toes with my lil' ol' F7! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I ran the prototype last year for Camoplast (ripsaw). THey didn't have a 13.5 test sled so a friend of mine is the head of corperate sales and asked if I would use it. and you won't be dissipointed. It even pretty good in deep powder. It has great side bite. I put 4500 +/- miles on it and never missed a beat!! :div20:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
nuke- i have the same track you just got. every window open,clipped every third. i will be studding it next week.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by F7CUL8R@Sep 3 2005, 01:37 AM
I ran the prototype last year for Camoplast (ripsaw). THey didn't have a 13.5 test sled so a friend of mine is the head of corperate sales and asked if I would use it. and you won't be dissipointed. It even pretty good in deep powder. It has great side bite. I put 4500 +/- miles on it and never missed a beat!! :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859379
[/quote]Thanks for the report dude -- sounds promising... can't wait to try mine out!

What brand/length stud are you guys going to use in this 1 1/4" track (for those that are studding it)? -- Roy

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Roy T@Sep 3 2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the report dude -- sounds promising... can't wait to try mine out!

What brand/length stud are you guys going to use in this 1 1/4" track (for those that are studding it)? -- Roy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859511
[/quote]

I am using Woody's Megabite 1.450". I am unsure how many I should start with, but I bought all that Dennis Kirk had in stock a few weeks ago. So, if anyone needs some....I have extras.

*I was thinking 192, but am unsure if I should use that many? :dunno: I don't want any extra weight if I can help it. I was thinking about using the sno-cross style Titanium picks, but the smallest they come in is 1.50"....& they are like $10 each with no nuts or backers! :frech32:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Originally posted by arcatf7@Sep 4 2005, 02:00 AM
how much are the ripsaws goin for cause im thinkin on buyin one
how much better would it be than my 1incher
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=860284
[/quote]
it will be night and day difference over a stock 1incher, i think it will hook almost as well as the snowpro track on the trails.the ripsaws are a very good track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts