Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, was wondering if anyone has takin there sled in yet. My selling dealer says i cant bring it in until october, and I would need to leave it for a month. I know one month turns into two,Too top it off they will be getting new sleds in this time period , kinna thinkin preps would be more important then recalls ,not liking this, opinions needed

·
Premium Member
16,056 Posts
Hi all, was wondering if anyone has takin there sled in yet. My selling dealer says i cant bring it in until october, and I would need to leave it for a month. I know one month turns into two,Too top it off they will be getting new sleds in this time period , kinna thinkin preps would be more important then recalls ,not liking this, opinions needed
No way would I leave my sled at the dealer for 1 month. This recall is first an inspection that takes 18 minutes, then, if needed, a replacement of the hose that takes about 1 hour. I believe this is something that can be done at home and never involve the dealer Mike.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My dealer usually has me leave the sleds and my trailer. They have a fenced in yard I have insurance. Easy, I like doing it this way another dealer I delt with didn’t have much storage so the sled kept getting moved inside at night outside at day. Also when the sleds are done I can pick up when it’s good for me

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
never got a answer on storage , in or out , assuming it would be out service area is not that big , gotta think ill check it my self, if its good to go ill give the dealer a chance to say they checked it on my say so, if that dont , werk ride n burn

·
Registered
50 Posts
See if your dealer will set up a time to look at it? ie appointment. My dealer said they would set an appointment with me, and be within a week window to finish the recall. I too left a sled at a dealer for a summer. I got "free" storage, but pigeon poop and dust all over it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts