Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 sno pro that I had speared the rails through the track. The previous owner must have had the limiter straps too loose and the rails caught on the 3.00 pitch track. He put the 05 drivers and track on to "upgrade" the sled, which just caused me lots of headaches. I am trying to find out which year my rails are so I can get the correct plastic rail nosepieces. The 2004 style has the bolt hole for the hyfax in the front, and the 2005 has it in the rear, with the additional support and half moon shaped hole in the top of the rear of the rail. My rails do not have this half moon hole, and the hyfax bolt in the rear. Is this a different year rail from a different sled or is it just a goof from the factory? Also, I asked before but would there be any problem or chance of me spearing my track again if I ran the 2005 style nosepieces on my rails? they seem to be a less extreme angle for the track to come in contact with the rail, but are smaller than the 2004 style. The attached pictures are of the 2004 and 2005 rails just in case it might help. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You may have 04 mod rails- 04 440 rails won't work with 05 style drivers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree, from what I have heard the 05 rails and drivers and set for the 3 inch pitch track. If you really want to run it you should probably use 05 rails (or full skid) to avoid spearing your track in the future. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took out the 05 style drivers and im going to run the 2004 style and 2004 style track. I destroyed the 2005 track when i speared it, so I picked up a 2004 track to run. Im trying to get it back to 2004 stuff. I will be ok running my rails and the 2004 track and drivers correct? Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts