Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I decided to pick the track this week & was looking close at it (The new ripsaw).
I am just curious what everyone thinks the best way to pick it is? What I am looking for is a good pattern. I know that the track repeats every 3 lugs. Should I repeat the pattern as well?

My last track had 192 picks in it, but some guys tell me it will be too much with the Ripsaw.....& that I will need less.

Any & all opinions are welcome. I want to know what everyone has found regarding the patterns.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope... All windows open.... 1 clip every 3.

I think I could still do 170 though. Not sure what I should do? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
The best, most effective studs in the track are the ones directly over the slide rails.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I agree that the closed window pattern is best, but that is not an option.

I think studboys patterns work very well....take a look at their website. It even gives you the exact measurements.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. Thanks guys.

I will have no problem with length. I'm running 1.45 megabites in the ripsaw....which is 1.25". I can try to put a bunch by the slide rails, but I am using double backers this year....so, we'll see. Hope I don't have clearance issues with the heat exchanger.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Originally posted by hate2looz@Sep 15 2005, 03:48 PM
The best, most effective studs in the track are the ones directly over the slide rails.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=876525
[/quote]
yeah and those are the ones that always rip out when your cranking in the corners.....go 102 down the middle with a good stud...dont use megabites they suck i bent all mine and broke like 20 off this year, last year i used saber xzp warthogs and never bokr one stud only bent like three of them

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Originally posted by Nuke Laloosh@Sep 15 2005, 08:41 PM
Cool. Thanks guys.

I will have no problem with length. I'm running 1.45 megabites in the ripsaw....which is 1.25".  I can try to put a bunch by the slide rails, but I am using double backers this year....so, we'll see.  Hope I don't have clearance issues with the heat exchanger.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=877147
[/quote]
again do NOT use mega bites they suck, they are talked up way to much not one of the seven of us guys that got them last year liked them...they are horrible studs

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They were ripping out? The reason they were doing that is because they were biting.....(that is what I want). Usually, the only reason a pick will rip out is because you are not using enough of them for the power of your sled. The picks will bite, but if they are the only one biting in a large area,.... they will rip out. Sounds like you were under-picked.

I have been using the megabites for over a year now on my other sled with no problems. In fact, I prefer them to regular picks because of the flat face. Kinda like a combination chidel/carbide. (I suggested a carbide picked Chisel to Woody's a year ago by the way... Don't be surprised if they come out with one... they liked the idea). Of course, I will not get credit.

By the way, I did not need advice on anything about the picks... but thanks. I just wanted opinions on a pattern for the track because it is a new lug pattern.

Thanks guys. :div20:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by bba302@Sep 15 2005, 09:05 PM
yeah and those are the ones that always rip out when your cranking in the corners.....go 102 down the middle with a good stud...dont use megabites they suck i bent all mine and broke like 20 off this year, last year i used saber xzp warthogs and never bokr one stud only bent like three of them
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=877197
[/quote]
Yea if you ride in shitty conditions and spin them over rocks and stumps.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by stevefromwestford@Sep 15 2005, 08:44 PM
want ya track to last? dont stud the outside, and dont overdue it,creates too much drag and extra weight
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=877154
[/quote]
You can't stud the outside belts on Fcat's anyways, unless you want even bigger problems. :doh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts