Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read that for example... a 44/40 cat helix will start at 44 deg then the next jump is to a 40 deg. so just a dual angle i guess.

but what about their 50/36 or 50/38 helix's? with angles being widespread like that is it still just a simple 50 deg start then jumps down to a 36 or 38 whichever you have in there? just not sure about that.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
i have read that for example... a 44/40 cat helix will start at 44 deg then the next jump is to a 40 deg. so just a dual angle i guess.

but what about their 50/36 or 50/38 helix's? with angles being widespread like that is it still just a simple 50 deg start then jumps down to a 36 or 38 whichever you have in there? just not sure about that.

thanks.[/b]
Typically, most multi angle helixs will have a short duration of initial angle, say 50 deg, and then straight to 36 deg. The 50 deg portion is very small and almost insignificant as your clutches will shift out of that angle to the finish angle very quicky. Makes no diff what the numbers are, they all incorporate the same short intial steep angle and then quickly shift to the second, or finish angle. Aftermarket companies will offer 'progressive' helix options that are more aggressive in that they gradually decrease from a 50 deg to the finish to say 36 deg. You are correct in your thinking......

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typically, most multi angle helixs will have a short duration of initial angle, say 50 deg, and then straight to 36 deg. The 50 deg portion is very small and almost insignificant as your clutches will shift out of that angle to the finish angle very quicky. Makes no diff what the numbers are, they all incorporate the same short intial steep angle and then quickly shift to the second, or finish angle. Aftermarket companies will offer 'progressive' helix options that are more aggressive in that they gradually decrease from a 50 deg to the finish to say 36 deg. You are correct in your thinking......[/b]

ok thanks... i guess ill have to look aftermarket for real progressive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts