Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The map installs into Mapsource where you can select it for upload to your Garmin GPSr. The map has a transparent background so your basemap or any detailed maps (Topo, City Navigator etc) you upload along with the trail map will show through. The trail map can be toggled on/off in your GPSr just like any other Garmin map. The trails will appear as a magenta line with white border.

Quebec Snowmobile Trail Map

Screenshot from a Garmin 276c showing how trails will appear on GPS.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The map installs into Mapsource where you can select it for upload to your Garmin GPSr. The map has a transparent background so your basemap or any detailed maps (Topo, City Navigator etc) you upload along with the trail map will show through. The trail map can be toggled on/off in your GPSr just like any other Garmin map. The trails will appear as a magenta line with white border.

Quebec Snowmobile Trail Map

Screenshot from a Garmin 276c showing how trails will appear on GPS.
[/b]
what is the source of the data? KML from FCMQ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
RWS, it will not let anyone download the file. It says, This file is currently set to private.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RWS, it will not let anyone download the file. It says, This file is currently set to private.[/b]
Should work now.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Correct[/b]
My wife got me the Garmin 60 CSX I believe it is for Xmas along with the Toponav maps. We have been unable to download the maps successfully. Will I be able to download these into my GPS?

thanks!

Shane

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife got me the Garmin 60 CSX I believe it is for Xmas along with the Toponav maps. We have been unable to download the maps successfully. Will I be able to download these into my GPS?

thanks!

Shane[/b]
Yes...my map will work with your Garmin GPSr. You install my map into Garmin's Mapsource and then upload it to your GPSr just like any of the Garmin maps (Canada Topo, City Navigator etc.)

·
Registered
12 Posts

thanks!

Shane[/b]
i have the garmin rino 530. i have downloaded your file off your down load, how do i get that file in my gps??? will that give me a turn by turn direction??

thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the garmin rino 530. i have downloaded your file off your down load, how do i get that file in my gps??? will that give me a turn by turn direction??

thanks for your help[/b]
Open the zip file and read the READ_ME_FIRST.txt file for installation/use instructions. The map cannot auto-route.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it working on my 60CS, but only after updating to the latest Mapsource version: 6.13.6
Thank you very much. Have been looking for something like this. And, the price is great! (free)
Any chance trail numbers may be on later versions??

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it working on my 60CS, but only after updating to the latest Mapsource version: 6.13.6
Thank you very much. Have been looking for something like this. And, the price is great! (free)
Any chance trail numbers may be on later versions??[/b]
Trail numbers and color coded to indicate trans, regional or local trail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Neubie to this GPS stuff Have Garmin 60Csx and Canada Topo and have downloaded your Quebec trail maps but how do you get the trails to overlay the regular topoo map???

·
Registered
105 Posts
Could someone please save this well done map as a *.gpx in Mapsource and post it here. I believe I can convert this file for use in my Magellan Meridan .
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ted go to this site, browse your computer for the file you want to convert then convert to GPX file............slick site.
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/[/b]
Its a slick site, but it will not open any of the .img files that I downloaded. A little more help please. I also have a Meridian.
I have a Garmin Colorado coming, but they are delayed another week or two again.

Thank you

·
Registered
105 Posts
Its a slick site, but it will not open any of the .img files that I downloaded. A little more help please. I also have a Meridian.
I have a Garmin Colorado coming, but they are delayed another week or two again.

Thank you[/b]
If you follow the read me file in the Quebec Snowmobile Trails- Color coded.exe stated in a previous reply, it states that you use Garmins Mapsource to open the file. That part works but I can't export it from Mapsource(I believe the map is locked) as a *.gpx(it exports but its only 1k) . We(Magellan owners) can't read Garmins *.img format vs Magellans *.img, thats the reason for the conversion to *.gpx. If anyone has more knowledge on this issue, please reply. The web site gpssledmaps has done a fantastic job with gps maps for trails in the US but not for Quebec.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts