Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbd:

After talking to my wife middle of last week about one last trip to The County, or camp and seeing the MSA suggestions about no more grooming come and then seeing all the restaurants and outposts shutting down...Saturday, I put the sled into storage until next winter.

Tough to adhere to the guidance to stay home, but it does seem to make sense. Encouraging folks from southern Maine, or even out of state to come up to northern Maine, with an aging population is somewhat risky and irresponsible.

It took me a week or so to get to this point, as at first, I thought this was all an over-reaction. Then once schools were cancelled and businesses shut down and the stock market and my 401k plummeted, well now I think we are in for a pretty major deal here. I'm also wondering if the government isn't telling us the entire story, as this is simply unprecedented.

I realize that with a helmet on, on a sled, out in the woods, its the best social distancing situation there could be. However, its the interactions between your house and the trail that could cause issues.

Unpopular as it is, I'm done for the year.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Its a wrap for me too. Cant get through the boarder anytime soon, so guess Im going to hang it up too. Worst season on record for me. Hoping everyone stays healthy with everything that is going on. New territory for everyone, thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Just did 118 solo miles in Jo-Mary country. B-Pond trail coming back from the 3 way intersection thru Gauntlet Fall to Jo Mary road was maybe the best riding I've seen all season. Can't wait to get out tomorrow in the fresh snow!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Im done. Even sent the annual year end email to myself already named “Sleds 2020” so I can find it in fall.... that lists the stuff I need to do to each sled the next fall. I could never remember by then what Im thinking now.

This year’s list is small. Trailer hub maintenance, new dual wheel trailer crank jack, screw a few loose ski guides down, new snowtracker channels only and new hyfax for my sled, a battery tender/ phone charger USB wired in the google bag for the wifes sled, then the basics...oils and grease etc. on both. Hell Im almost ready now ! Gonna be a long summer.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Much as I hate to say it I think I’m done too. Another funky year for me. Daughter just got discharged from hospital today after 5 day stint there. I was hoping to hit the Allagash for a few days but I don’t see it happening. I’ll hold out on summerization a couple more weeks just in case, but it looks like another “tail between my legs season”. Maybe 500 miles. My local Polaris dealer just sent me an email for a no money down snowcheck lol. Hmmm

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Wow, I've been jonesn' for the Allagash/Escourt for awhile now.. I pulled off a few more miles then last year despite the slow Dec. Hope your daughter's doing well. Make it a priority to get together with us next year!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
IT'S KILLING ME!
I have a '20 SBA waiting to be picked up in Portland, and was planning on the County this coming weekend.
But out of respect for all of the great Maine locals we will stay home. I couldn't live with myself if we were to somehow bring this virus from PA to the county.
Thanks to everyone who helps make our northern trips so enjoyable!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
lol that sucks

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Make it a priority to get together with us next year!
Yeah we need to do that. A group ride/meet greet with some of the guys that hang out in here might be cool too.

Reactions: badgoat
1 - 17 of 17 Posts