Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gls,who is responsible for quality control?I work in the automotive industry and for the past 25 years have seen manufacturers get fat and what usually follows is poor quality control.I for one am not a rich man and all I can hope for is your company will earn my continued patronage and keep us all glad cat did the right thing.Thank you!

S

·
0 Posts
Imagine building a sled, car from scratch. I would imagine there will always be a couple of flaws.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i know but to go out and race the hell out of it to see what breaks is the way arctic cat finds out how good it realy is. the problem is they never give it enough seat time to realy get to know the workings of the power plant were the ones who do that (ginea pigs!!) in other words we are test pilots

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i bought a 98 zl-500 new from dan at outdoor shop 3 hrs away from me he was the only one that had one only problem was a warped rotor and later broke torque arm bolt .but you know what happened that year, 600s were junk??

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I bought a 600 ZR EFI Limited in 1998 and the engine (it's not a motor) is NOT junk!!! :wacko: :wacko: What makes it junk??? I have over 5000 miles on it and it runs great for a non-power valve ENGINE. The fuel milage isn't the greatest but in no way is it junk!!! Yes, I did have the cylinder updates done. JMO........

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
well i guess junk was not the right word to use but it was a problem engine but the 500 was so sweet why was that ?? so sweet in fact when i got back to sledding after a 2 year break i bought a 02 zl-500 and same good luck yet they dumped that engine and kept the 600 for another year?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everyone needs to realize that if you want the latest tech now... you have to be satisfied with the limitations of time to be tested before bringing to market. Cat could have waited to bring out the F chassis in 2006 but the doos and poos would be much advanced by this time but we would probably have a much more reliable sled. Also the more time for R & D means the more bucks consumers have to pay.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wow, It suprises me how much a "Die Hard" is willing to put up with.....
I was unaware that first year AC sleds are JUNK, If I was I would have never bought an F7.
The biggest surprise is that long time customers of AC knowing full well that first year AC sleds are JUNK, They still buy them???

Sorry if JUNK is the wrong word you can substitute LEMONS or UNRELIABLE or PROBLOMATIC or Consumer test pilot sleds.

^_^

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: It just amazes me how brand loyal people are. Everyone give your head a shake ! If one manufacturer was clearly a superior choice the others the others would last but a season or two, tops. Everyone makes a decent product these days, it 's just a matter of what you prefer. I would even have to admit that the firecat will be a better product next year though, thanks to 15,000 ginuea pigs, er, ah , ahem 2003 customers . :ph34r: :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
yes these machines have a few more problems than normal , but some of these problems have been around forever. the chain case has always leaked, the shocks have horrible for many years, slide rail holes enlarging is nothing new, paint falling off exhaust system in a few hundred miles and just general sloppy assembly. we love cats at our shop for the warranty work, but we are sick of looking at the firecats.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i am sick of hearing the first year excuses,if they are going to use loyal cat buyers as guinea pigs,they should sell first year snowmobiles at 60% of full value.with the type of unpredictable winters we have been having,one cannot afford to have

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Originally posted by aczr600@Mar 11 2003, 09:41 AM
i am sick of hearing the first year excuses,if they are going to use loyal cat buyers as guinea pigs,they should sell first year snowmobiles at 60% of full value.with the type of unpredictable winters we have been having,one cannot afford to have
Great post!!!
Great Idea!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts