Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Advanced Member
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 polaris fusion 900. Was thinking??????? Has anyone put a polaris 800cc twin in a fusion?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have a 2005 polaris fusion 900. Was thinking??????? Has anyone put a polaris 800cc twin in a fusion?[/b]
why? is the first question. yes somebody did it on snowest i beleive it was a psi 925 or something like that. and one member put a 800 xcr motor in one pics to come soon he said.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why what? Why do you think? I had no problems with my past 800's. Easy to tune, no vibration, pipe, clutch and go!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The 800's were crank eating monsters. and your 900 engine has way more potential than that carbed 800 ever will.

What exactly are you not pleased with on this 900 engine? there is absolutely no reason this sled should not be hitting the 120 MPH top-speed limiter once the clutching is corrected and the TPS is set correctly.

TC, just spend the time to get yours right. And for gods sake please run fresh fuel!! (I had to give you a jab on that one)

You have well over 100 years of collective experience to tap into on this forum, Use it to it's fullest to make what you got run the way it was designed to run.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is it hard to check the tps?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Why what? Why do you think? I had no problems with my past 800's. Easy to tune, no vibration, pipe, clutch and go![/b]
Why would you want to go with a lesser motor in terms of performance.The 800's liked eating the cranks.A setup 900 is an awesome reliable motor.

·
Registered
15 Pro-S/15 8RR/21 850 XRS
1,933 Posts
The 800's were crank eating monsters. and your 900 engine has way more potential than that carbed 800 ever will.

What exactly are you not pleased with on this 900 engine? there is absolutely no reason this sled should not be hitting the 120 MPH top-speed limiter once the clutching is corrected and the TPS is set correctly.

TC, just spend the time to get yours right. And for gods sake please run fresh fuel!! (I had to give you a jab on that one)

You have well over 100 years of collective experience to tap into on this forum, Use it to it's fullest to make what you got run the way it was designed to run.[/b]

How do you set and check if the TPS is set correctly? What tools required? I am living in a remote area and no sled shops withtin few 100 miles and only way to reach them is by air. And for me to do that would cost thousands as freight shipping to me was $1500. So I've learned to do all my work. But haven't had to worry about TPS untill got fuse 900. So details would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
As reported everywhere - Polaris had major issues with motor mounts. They finally got around to making different ones, and then those failed. They did not have anymore time to figure it out due to having to make new year sleds and dropped the motors for the time being.

Anyway - how come they only made about 50 Hemi Darts ? :dunno: Just 'funnin' ya. LOL.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
there is a link somewhere in HCS on how to build your own TPS testing tool with radio-shack parts for less than $10.00 USD.

To properly adjust the TPS, you need a TPS testing tool and a good multimeter at the very least. Or the digital wrench diagnostic system.

I'll see if I can find the link on how to build your own tester.

Better yet, do a search in the polaris general forum I know it is in there!!

Just don't try to do what My first dealer did!! the idiot stuck the Multimeter probes in the connector for the TPS, started the engine and said "Yup, it's right on the money 5.03 Volts" He is still not aware how close he came to almost dying that day!

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
If you find the link - that would be cool. We need to make a 5volt DC input right ?

Why can't we use a multimeter with alligator clips that have a tiny 'piercer' in them ? I use these all the time with other stuff. I just mark where it made the almost invisible pierce and then put dab of 'liquid electrical tape' on it. Granted, where the TPS is, you'd be better using a tester with a cold engine than this method.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The search function keeps giving me Flood control erros, I cannot currently find the plans. They are on HCS somewhere!! Maybe the Edge threads?

You need this testing tool to test the TPS, you cannot just get a reading from a running sled by piercing the wires, or sticking the probes in the connector of tps unit.

you can buy a tester from SPX but they are like $50-$60 it is would be faster, easier, and better to just make a unit!!

But you might need a service manual to set the synch. and to learnthe proper procedure. That sequence is detailed in the RMK service manual PDF I linked to a month ago. I hope you downloaded it while it was available.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can I use the tester that slp sells?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
can I use the tester that slp sells?[/b]

That should work, I have not seen the SLP model yet so I cannot say for sure. I quality multimeter is a must too. It should work, Call their tech. line and ask.

The dealer should have checked this during set-up. But if you got a lazy tech. they won't do it. and if you go to my first dealer where I got my fusion from. they won't have the tool to test it! or know how to do it! isn't that just sad? Them bastards didn't even have the digital wrench software to diagnose my sled in the middle of the season!!!

What is your mileage per gallon on this sled TC? that's usually a very good first clue of TPS being out of adjustment. And if the TPS is not correct, the ECM cannot choose the proper mapping to make this sled perform. all these sensors need to be reporting correct info or it will never run to it's potential.

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you find the link - that would be cool. We need to make a 5volt DC input right ?

Why can't we use a multimeter with alligator clips that have a tiny 'piercer' in them ? I use these all the time with other stuff. I just mark where it made the almost invisible pierce and then put dab of 'liquid electrical tape' on it. Granted, where the TPS is, you'd be better using a tester with a cold engine than this method.[/b]
Rob's homemade TPS tester link

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.