Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got to go out riding for a very short time Xmas day and today I loaded up and drove up to Wis Rapids and hit Hwy 13 ditches. My time was limited so I this report might be sorta clouded with all the excitement of finally getting out there and seeding some oats.

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Xmas day the conditions were little snow only 3-5 inches at most and snow today was about 4-6 inches. Either it was super hard snow from the plows or it was fluff. Handles SOOOOOO much better than the F2 chassis, this is just like the previous years ZR's with the seat down low and the bars tilted back. With the bars up and the seat up its a ditch bangers dream. Best I could get out of it today was 94mph on a 4/10ths of a mile stretch this was on the fluff.

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets hear about the Chassis. You've ridden a REV. Now lets hear a comparison.[/b]

I have to be the most brand loyal, bleed green, biased guy the AC camp has, but I did get to ride a 06 REV 600 Gade 136 and after spending some time in the saddle I did not wanna get back on my F2 chassis from last year. Does this chassis compare ??? my initial opinion is yes, but I would really like to ride both down the same trail/ditch to give a honest comparo. The transition from sitting to standing is seamless, its deff point and shoot, never once did it feel unstable.

F&F

·
Super Advanced Member
3,369 Posts
REV's have been in a constant evolutionary process to be more stable. Not so high center feeling. What was it '05 that they lowered the front end by shortening the shocks. REV's have definately been the standard. Just wondering if these new F series have raised the bar?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
REV's have been in a constant evolutionary process to be more stable. Not so high center feeling. What was it '05 that they lowered the front end by shortening the shocks. REV's have definately been the standard. Just wondering if these new F series have raised the bar?[/b]

The F chassis doesn't feel tall at all. You certainly are sitting high in the saddle and has more of an ATV seating position, which we are all used to.

These machines seem to run very flat. A little ski lift (both skis) when heavy on the throttle but it soon flattens back out. When cornering the old Firecats would pull hard to the outside and lift the inside ski, which was fine once you were used to it. The new F doesn't do that at all...much more stable

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also just a side note, when jumping the driveways today I didn't feel the extra weight of the sled as I would have thought. I might have noticed a diff if I had F2 chassis there to ride also.

F&F

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
funny cuesss i did a back to back run with a 05 rev 800 ho and my 07 f10 both were very nice but i have to say the cat has a better feel to it ,,, and a much better seating position

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good to hear some positive feedback, ff (lucky bastard), things seemed to be getting kinda negtive around here lately! I happy for you, still pissed for me, although there was some white stuff flying around in the county today. Hopefully we can all get out soon and therefore over come the negativity. :div20: :i_need_snow:

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
funny cuesss i did a back to back run with a 05 rev 800 ho and my 07 f10 both were very nice but i have to say the cat has a better feel to it ,,, and a much better seating position[/b]

The REV to AC comparison was from last year (hope you didn't read it wrong), the F2 chassis to the REV. This new chassis is right on par with the REV imho

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the graphics on your sled. Did you paint the Spar covers black ?[/b]

Thanks the graphics were done custom for me by Jordan the CEO of ArcticFX. I have a few more to add to the kit yet, I just been so busy that it seems as though there is never enough time in the day.

This sled was a Tony Stewart and they came with black covers.

F&F

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
F&F

I noticed you have your seat in the down position did you try it at all with the seat in the top position? Looks good! Tom

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
F&F

I noticed you have your seat in the down position did you try it at all with the seat in the top position? Looks good! Tom[/b]

Yes I did try it in the up position, I bet I changed it 20 times in the last 2 days. Those pics were taken after the mini speed runs, was trying to "tuck" down.

F&F

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great F&F. Graphics KICK ASS, as usual with Jordan's work. How does the power feel in comparo to the F7?[/b]

Really not fair to even judge or pin one against the other yet. This is the first ride of the season, a non PV Sabercat 500 would feel fast (according to the butt dyno) but I do gotta say the power does feel "meaty" and the exhaust note is by far deeper sounding than my other sled.

Just for reference my other sled was ported, re-chambered head, timing key, pipe, Y pipe, can, custom ODS clutching, VF 3's, altered fuel pressure.

If we ever get some ice and decent snow..........its gonna be a fun winter

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
Really not fair to even judge or pin one against the other yet. This is the first ride of the season, a non PV Sabercat 500 would feel fast (according to the butt dyno) but I do gotta say the power does feel "meaty" and the exhaust note is by far deeper sounding than my other sled.

Just for reference my other sled was ported, re-chambered head, timing key, pipe, Y pipe, can, custom ODS clutching, VF 3's, altered fuel pressure.

If we ever get some ice and decent snow..........its gonna be a fun winter[/b]
No one can ask for more than honesty. Thanks for bringing some positive input into our forum for a change. I cant wait to hear you input after a day of running it through a "minefield/moguls" for a day. From what little i have seen of this chassis, unbelievable would be an understatement.

·
Registered
364 Posts
F & F, Thanks for your post. I wasn't to crazy about your graphics the first time you posted, but it actually looks pretty good outside!
Also, nice touch personalizing the trunk lid!

Have you had any problems with loading up? And did you do anything special as far as the coolant/air burps go? When checking
my coolant level, I found it to be approx 3" below the "full cold" line and am now a bit concerned with the dealer prep etc.

Joe

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
F & F, Thanks for your post. I wasn't to crazy about your graphics the first time you posted, but it actually looks pretty good outside!
Also, nice touch personalizing the trunk lid!

Have you had any problems with loading up? And did you do anything special as far as the coolant/air burps go? When checking
my coolant level, I found it to be approx 3" below the "full cold" line and am now a bit concerned with the dealer prep etc.

Joe[/b]

Yes mine is loading up when you let it idle for more than 15-20 seconds, but as soon as you blip the throttle a few times it cleans right out. Seems like its running on one cyl. anyone think about maybe its SO lean at idle (to meet EPA regs) thats its actually starving for fuel ?????
My coolant level was also below the "full cold" line I think I added a few pints. I will see tomorrow night if its low again when I pull the body work off again.
I did notice that my oil tank does seem to be going down rather quick. Wonder if these pumps are set super rich ?????

F&F

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.