Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all i hear about from my buddy with an 06 600ho fusion is how much lighter his sled is and that he is going to kick my ass in the woods.........that remains to be seen............anyhow what are some ideas????????i dont want to spend much more than $1500 us

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
pipe and airbox will get u 32 pounds reduction slp. 500 for pipe 300 for airbox. more power too

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i saw that air box too......... how can that be 12 lbs. lighter than stock?
i don't think the stock air box weighs 12 lbs. does it? i have to check that.....

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
i believe if you look a little closer at slp's website it says the
wieght reduction for the air box is only good for the rmk
because on the rmk you would have to remove the front
radiator. i could be wrong though :dunno:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My friend who rides an 05 Fusion was going with the can, airbox mod, and Ti springs. the springs cost him around 700.00 u.s. and the SLP pipe & Can combo was 500 or so, he says the weight savings is very noticable, espcaily in the bumps...power was better too, but gase maileage was down when he was on the throttle alot...??

Persoanly, I have used the can and Ti and have saved about 15 lbs. (just not on a fusion :doh:)

:celebrating:

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,602 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Sep 12 2005, 09:53 PM
i believe if you look a little closer at slp's website it says the
wieght reduction for the air box is only good for the rmk
because on the rmk you would have to remove the front
radiator. i could be wrong though :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872139
[/quote]
The 2006 SLP catalog makes it pretty clear the weight saving of 12 pounds is for the RMK body style air box kit, which removes the radiator. The kit for the Fusion body style keeps the radiator and saves about 6 pounds.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just a warning (no bashes required, thanks), yesterday I downloaded the 2006 Fusion 700/900 owners manual from the Polaris website, and noticed there is a huge warning that any modifications to increase power or speed will result in a void of the entire snowmobile warranty. So, might want to be careful before blowing too much money on pipes and cans and such. I know, I know, just put it back to stock before returning for service...I am just bringing up what I read.

As for 600 vs. 900 on the trails, the power to weight is still better on the 900 than it is on the 600, in spite of the 600's lower weight (900 has enough power to overcome the weight difference). So, as long as you don't start in a corner, you'll always be ahead, he might catch up at the corners, but you'll lose him before the next one! In my opinion, you're better off putting on good skis (I ran Simmons Flexis on my 05, it carved, outhandled my buddies light little F7 hands-down) than trying to lose 6 or 10 lbs of weight if you're trying to stay ahead of the small blocks in the twisties.

Put some meat on yourself, so you can muscle that big block around those corners!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
that warning about voiding the warranty has been in the owners manual for a few years. i guess it depends how much of a dick your dealer is. mine usally warranties stuff no prob

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Like noted many times above, pipe and can is the biggest increase in weight reduction and power. Airbox is the other option. I'd look into ditching the front coolant radiator also. That's gott be worth 10 lbs between the radiator and the coolant in it. I don't own a Fuse so I don't know what all extra is on the chassis but look around for misc brackets and covers (under the hood also) that can be taken off that aren't needed or aren't important. If your good with shaping foam, you could try and take some weight out of the seat if you wanted to get into it a little deeper.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
yep, pipe can, some ti springs, a boss seat if available, some co mo suspension parts....will def help the weight...as for your buddy on the 600 remember to go riding with out your snow flap so you can roost him as you pass.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How much of a weight difference is there between you and your friend? If your heavier try to loose a little weight, I know I have to to compete with my friends and their F7's.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i weigh 165 lb he weighs 225 lb but i also think that may help him out of the hole because he get better weight transfer ...........ie. traction.............last year on identical fusions he always got me out of the hole.........swap sleds same result......

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Just wait till the time comes when you run against your buddies 600 before you make the investment. The real test would be running yours with an '06 900, to see if the new refinements have made a difference, or not.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
picking up my new one tomarrow. i think it will be easier[and WAY cheaper]
to put 'ol saya on a diet than the sled :help:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts