Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a F7 sno pro and she pushes a little in the corners when I give it a hand full. The front end gets light I have the wt transfer at 2. I have not touched the front springs because I do not know how on my Polaris I just turn the dial. Also it does not have any extra holes on the limiter strap. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
831 Posts
how much do you weigh? are you studded? how much carbide are you running now? :huh:

·
Registered
831 Posts
set your rear springs to the chart in your manual. you can drill holes in your limiter straps, use a bit for 5/16 studs.I tightened mine about 1". If you have studs I would use carbides about 2" longer than what they are recommending.worked well for me, i weigh 200#+- good luck!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I was having the same problem with push on my standard F7. Did a bunch of adjusting riding a couple hundred miles only getting small gains. I finally got tired of it and went and bought 10 inch carbides! Problem solved. Of course, this was at -20 degrees. As soon as it got warm though, the trails turned to mush and I lost a little bit of steering but still was much better than before. This worked for me, not saying that it will work for everyone.

SeymourF7

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have my front shocks cranked all the way and put on a set of woodys 6" dooleys...sno pro with 153 studs.....Still not quite enough ski pressure...these skis suck!coupler blocks on 2.....What happens if u shorten the strap??????????? I dont really want to spend 3-4 hundred on skis.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Rob is right on this. Try losing up all your springs (front shocks and front skid shock). Most of the weight of the firecat is towrds the center. The engine weight is all behind the front suspension. After talking with suspension engineers ( work at TRW ) they all say that in order to achieve handling withthe engine weight behind the suspension you will want to front end loose not tight.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I weigh 190 no studs. I have 2 inches of thread on the front shocks. What do you mean by loose. And do you mean front ski shocks?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have C & A pro skis...w/ 8 inch carbides--NO PUSH.. I can go in to a turn harder then my brother on his zr900 and come out faster...he slides all over

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have F-7 sno-pro and had problem with cornering. played with front springs and just could not get it right. Finally I talked to dealer and they told me to tighten up straps in front 1". If you are having problem with pushing in corners this is the answer. This sled handles better than my ZR. You will love your sled al over again. :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey Rob, what do you mean we're doing our adjustments backwards? I' m the one riding my sled and it handles great after the stuff I did! :p

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what I found the right side front spring was tight and the left side was where eveyone has said to have it. The front suspension shock was just fine and I tighten the limiter strap. Have not rode yet because I found oil under the left side of the sled so she goes in today.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
How difficult is it to tichten the limiter strap? Can just one person do it? I've been pushing in the corners a bit and saw that carbides were only about 3 1/2 inches so I bought a set of 6" woodys. I havn't tried them yet. Maybe I should tighten the limiter strap before I put on the woodys. What do you guys think? I'm 190lbs, 1.275 track w/NO studs.

Thanks for your imput

[email protected]
green F7 std (530 trouble free miles) :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Put a 2by4 under front of rear skid...puts slack in the limiter...there are holes in the TOP CONNECTION of the limiter...you do not need to drill new ones.

Very easy, albeit tight quarters. Easier if you pull the rear skid out, but not necessary.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by 5B -@Jan 28 2003, 11:08 PM
Solution = Woody's Dooly 8" Carbides
I tried the 6" Doolys and thought they were absolutely terrible as far as pushing on the trails. They DID get rid of the tracking/darting issues, but just wouldn't turn worth a damn IMO. Trying the 9" Shapers next! (And probably a set of SLP skis -- not sure which yet -- to follow soon!) -- Roy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts