Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pulling the heads off my '05 snopro and they do not want to come off :augen41: any suggestions? All ideas or tricks would be welcomed. Thanks :banana:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same damn problem.. you know what it was? there is a bolt inside where the coolant line hook into. I hope that is it, comes right off then, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
JJB,
Are they both giving you trouble..?? If you have the hex bolt removed that Firecat Pilot mentioned, try tapping on them lightly with a rubber mallet while pulling up on them....

-John

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did not know about the hex bolt :banghead: thanks guys!! i will check it tonight ....I am finally getting going on this conversion it's been a crazy summer work wise John which heat exchanger did you use in your sled? I have been looking at a couple of differant ones and have not had a lot of time to read up on HCS to see what you guys have been up to with your conversions :HCS_rules: thanks again!!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Originally posted by JJB@Sep 7 2005, 05:37 AM
Did not know about the hex bolt :banghead: thanks guys!! i will check it tonight ....I am finally getting going on this conversion it's been a crazy summer work wise John which heat exchanger did you use in your sled? I have been looking at a couple of differant ones and have not had a lot of time to read up on HCS to see what you guys have been up to with your conversions :HCS_rules: thanks again!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863884
[/quote]

JJB,
I have decided to go with the guy in NY's under tunnel cooler set-up. I called him today and left a message to order it.
-John

Pic of set-up..........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John i sent my seat to the guys in NY last week i am getting the tank, heat ex, and they are doing my heads also i am trying to get it together by mid Oct. and run in some grass drags :beerchug:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Sep 7 2005, 07:38 PM
JJB,
I have decided to go with the guy in NY's under tunnel cooler set-up.  I called him today and left a message to order it.
-John

Are you going to have problems with the track/studs contacting that setup? Isn't that area on both sides of the center rib used for track/stud clearance? Even if it doesn't hit the heat exchanger itself, I am pretty sure that the track hits the center rib. I don't know how the track is going to like a big void in that rib when it decides to hit it. Of course you could run the track soo tight you don't have to worry about it, I guess. Just curious, not bashing. It looks like a neat remedy for cooling issues.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When converting heads to be used for trail use, do they shave them down ? Or are the trail heads thicker than the race heads

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Originally posted by SickNasty04F6@Oct 12 2005, 06:09 PM
where are you guys getting your heads cut??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925360
[/quote]
SickNasty04F6,
The reason people are changed/machining the stock heads is that the compression needs to be lowered from stock form on the 04/05 440 SnoPro's to run pump(92-93 octane) fuel instead of 110 octane race fuel which is what the stock heads are designed for.

-John

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Originally posted by snoprochris16@Oct 17 2005, 08:49 PM
When converting heads to be used for trail use, do they shave them down ?    Or are the trail heads thicker than the race heads
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936391
[/quote]
snoprochris16,
When machining the stock 04/05 440 SnoPro head(s) for pump fuel it is the "dome" area of the head needs to be machined/opened up to lower the compression ratio.

-John

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by flyincat@Oct 12 2005, 03:56 PM
Are you going to have problems with the track/studs contacting that setup?  Isn't that area on both sides of the center rib used for track/stud clearance?  Even if it doesn't hit the heat exchanger itself, I am pretty sure that the track hits the center rib.  I don't know how the track is going to like a big void in that rib when it decides to hit it.  Of course you could run the track soo tight you don't have to worry about it, I guess.  Just curious, not bashing.  It looks like a neat remedy for cooling issues.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924818
[/quote]

Good question, anyone have any insite?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the track on this sled is a 1.7 lug it does not hit the center rib,the rib is not even a half inch this heat ex. works as a tunnel protecter it will have a hyfax running down the center of it

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Oct 17 2005, 08:57 PM
SickNasty04F6,
The reason people are changed/machining the stock heads is that the compression needs to be lowered from stock form on the 04/05 440 SnoPro's to run pump(92-93 octane) fuel instead of 110 octane race fuel which is what the stock heads are designed for.

-John
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936426
[/quote]

I know :doh: !!! re read my original post.........i asked where ure getting them cut...i have 2 440s....04 and an 05

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Originally posted by SickNasty04F6@Nov 10 2005, 01:33 PM
I know :doh: !!! re read my original post.........i asked where ure getting them cut...i have 2 440s....04 and an 05
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=996629
[/quote]
SickNasty04F6,
Oops, sorry about that. You are correct, I read it as"WHY are you guys getting your heads cut...... :frech32: Sorry 'bout that!! :div20:

-John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts