Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to pull the ECU out of a bud's 18 800 - he is going to get it flashed. Since it's in storage I'm wondering what is needed to pull it - any special tools. If I remember right it's right in the front of the sled and easy to get at after the hood is off, but wanted to check before I head over there. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
I haven’t touched a sled yet since spring so it’s not 100% clear in my mind but I want to say if you take a torque bit set, a quarter inch set (eight and 10 mm anyway), and a spring removal tool in case you drop something and have to pull the pipe, you’ll have it covered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven’t touched a sled yet since spring so it’s not 100% clear in my mind but I want to say if you take a torque bit set, a quarter inch set (eight and 10 mm anyway), and a spring removal tool in case you drop something and have to pull the pipe, you’ll have it covered.
Going to pull the ECU out of a bud's 18 800 - he is going to get it flashed. Since it's in storage I'm wondering what is needed to pull it - any special tools. If I remember right it's right in the front of the sled and easy to get at after the hood is off, but wanted to check before I head over there. Thanks.
You are correct , it is easy to get at after the hood is released and at the very front , 10 mm socket I believe to remove the ecu

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have a 600 from the same year but didn't know if the 800 is different.

Good idea on the spring puller - had to use that a few times on mine from dropping something...

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
I couldn’t remember if my ctecs have the heat shield over the Ecu like the 12-17’s do or not. The torx that hold that shield on…are under the pipe

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn’t remember if my ctecs have the heat shield over the Ecu like the 12-17’s do or not. The torx that hold that shield on…are under the pipe
My 18 600 has that shield. Assuming the 800 does too but I haven't looked at it.

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
Torx, just like i had mentioned. Take torx, 1/4” sockets 8-10mm, and a Spring tool.
there is a 1.5 minute video on hood removal?Not sure how I ever got along without seeing that

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
If you are sending it away, ask them to make sure that you get YOUR ecu back and not someone elses. My buddy sent his off to get flashed and got one back from a different sled. They both have the same flash, but the one he got back had 150hours reading on it. His sled had 20 hours on it. Not a huge deal but it really bugged my buddy who is really fussy about his machine.

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Not only that, each ECU is programmed specifically for the inectors on the specific sled. The re-flash is a piggy-back to the curve. They're very precise - not like the old days when we had 3 fuel curves (square, circle, triangle) to fit all sleds / injectors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts