Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
The cheapest, and easiest fix for recoil fraying problems is to go to the nearest sports shop that sells climbing stuff, and buy 5mm spectra cord to replace the junk stock nylon. Around here it sells for $0.30 a foot, and is nearly impervious to fraying.

Krom

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Based on old posts I've saved, I'd say Krom is right about that rope... sounds like it's the hot ticket. I wonder what it'll to the plastic cowling though after a few thousand pulls?! -- Roy

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Personally I think that the fix that Dan from the Outdoor Shop has is the best one I've seen.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought that one from Dan also. It looks like it will work great but I think I'm going to put the climbing rope in also. For any novices, don't take the recoil apart to put the new rope in. You can guide it through with some needle nose pliers. Trust me I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ultra trick setup......Order yours today !!! $30plus shipping

In my opinion..They are all GOOD Fixes....As long as they do the job :D

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by Jay@Dec 9 2002, 12:49 PM
Personally I think that the fix that Dan from the Outdoor Shop has is the best one I've seen.
I think it may be a toss up! They both look better than Cat's! I will install the Cat fix for now, but I really like the pulley one!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is no way for the rope to slip off the pulley..The nylon guide take care of that.....I have tried pulling it all different ways...Left..Right..Top ..Bottom..Falling from the sky at over 200mph while doing backflips...It still never came off the pulley....OK falling from the sky is a little off the top but..Bottomline...Like the other fixes out there is works very well....

WHEN WILL IT SNOW.......Its all AL Gores fault ...His DAMM Global Warming !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts