Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good and affordable tow behind carrier for kids. i have a co worker who is looking for something for his grand kid. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
916 Posts
i assume you are referring to a snow coach or caboose?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I wondered about these as well. We have two children. my 6 year old will be riding on the back of my wifes sled this year (with harness). My 2 year old would love to get out with us, but i would not take him on the trail in an open sled.

I would not just jump into buying the coach without having him on the trail in it first to try it out. I am not sure it would be worth the investment for the amount he would ride in it.

I wonder if there are places you can rent them around NorthEast PA?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya he has gotten some info on the snow coach but nothing really on prices. he is looking for one that is enclosed so i dont know if the caboose is availiable enclosed or not. if anyone has any websites on where they sell the snow coaches or any other options that would be great.

·
Registered
916 Posts
go to the state subforums and check out the classified link. you sould be able to find some there. they are not cheap and are often hard to find....depending on the age of the kids makes a huge difference in how the like riding. i would guess to say that for ages 3 and less, riding just puts them to sleep. they start to pay a bit more attention after that. glad to hear your taking kids on the trails, i love to hear stories about family rides.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My kids like the snow coach better on the trails.They like the boat better on the lake.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Anyway. How do the snow coaches handle the bumps? Looks like it would be fun for them, but I would hate to shake them up too much.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Does anyone know of a good and affordable tow behind carrier for kids. i have a co worker who is looking for something for his grand kid. thanks for the replies.[/b]
We have a 1972 Cat-Cutter that my dad bought new. We still use it today mostly use it as pack mule to haul booze and food into camp but is does work well for what it was intended for kids. Also have the dogsled style one made by Alouette but that does not work as good not really that safe. Polaris made a cutter up intil a few years ago check e bay.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Don't need 28 pages of the same :beatingdeadhorse: . Not to mention none of this is answering the original question. I will be deleting the BS posts and moving this thread to the "General Snowmobile Forum" so it gets serious answers.

Cheers.

RR.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Polaris made a cutter up intil a few years ago check e bay.[/b]
Sold mine to another hcs'er, but I think he wanted to sell it the next year.
[attachment=411365:ForSaleSleigh1.jpg]
[attachment=411367:ForSaleSleigh2.jpg]

or you could go the cheaper route...

[attachment=411369:fishingsled3.jpg]

G

·
Sold mine to another hcs'er, but I think he wanted to sell it the next year.
[attachment=411365:ForSaleSleigh1.jpg]
[attachment=411367:ForSaleSleigh2.jpg]

or you could go the cheaper route...

[attachment=411369:fishingsled3.jpg][/b]
Very Interesting...!... :bum:

·
Registered
978 Posts
dont do it... i rode in one when i was younger it was hell, no suspension no heat no tv bangin ur helmets off the kid next to you...i mean yeah it is fun for the first couple miles but dont expect any big milage rides or im sure thell be complants.... honestly i wouldnt do it to my kids just from my bad experiences... on the other hand i did see a nicer enclosed one with a huge suspension set up under it that looked nicer but again youd need a colman generator on the back with ps3 and call of duty 4

bottom line, borrow one first or try to get a loaner from a dealer and make sure u hit a decently rough trail, head out and everythings good go 20 miles then u come back the kids are exausted getting whiplash cuz the trails got beat up...

jumpd to far ahead to voice my flashback but that snowcoach is the one that looked more comfortable.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
My friend has one that is indistructable. We have caught some major air in it and it hasnt broke yet. Me and my friend still hold the speed record in it.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I will be deleting the BS posts and moving this thread to the "General Snowmobile Forum" so it gets serious answers.

Cheers.

RR.[/b]

I am glad you added this part because your first post made absolutely no sense to me, and I was saying to myself "Uh oh another moderator goes off the deep end". :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts