Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my bottom end apart to install the SLP bearing kit and found that the outer bearing on the clutch end fits way to loose on the pto end you can slide it on and off with your fingers and actually spin the inner race on the shaft with ease. Anyone else see this before? Lucky I still have warranty so i stuck it back together and took it in warrenty is covering it. Its a 04 ProX2 800 with 3400 miles.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by xc 600@Oct 14 2005, 12:40 AM
I just took my bottom end apart to install the SLP bearing kit and found that the outer bearing on the clutch end fits way to loose on the pto end you can slide it on and off with your fingers and actually spin the inner race on the shaft with ease. Anyone else see this before? Lucky I still have warranty so i stuck it back together and took it in warrenty is covering it. Its a 04 ProX2 800 with 3400 miles.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928730
[/quote]
just started to spin inner race(short of galling beginning), good thing you pulled down when you did, make sure they replace pto end if not the crank as a whole unit or you may have this happen again :div20:

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
<<<make sure they replace pto end if not the crank as a whole unit or you may have this happen again >>>

Was just thinking this may be one of those situations where you may want to ask to see the parts that have been replaced as you are picking up your sled?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeap my buddy is service manager there. So i am getting new crank one new cylinder and some pistons. I wounder if the clutch is out of balance causing some of the problem. I will get it balance if they don't get it checked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do your self a favour and install you SLP crank bearing mod on the pto side as you where going to do as the wider bearing surfuce reducing crank twisting dramatically. I did this with 0 miles on my Prox2800, 5500miles no problems, the 800 is hard on the PTO side as polaris has not supported this side enough. It's cheap insurance and you already have it.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts