Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sadly, it is evident that there will be no nh riding for at least two more weeks, and thats a big "if" the pattern changes. If it does change we might have some base down by early feb. However I bet the "jan thaw" will come around at the end of feb early march melting what little we might have. Realistically, we may end up with only marginal riding at best, and just for 2, maybe 3 weeks. I rode my quad yesterday on the 2" we did have, that was fun and the slush is gone by tomorrow. Ce la vi eh? I hope the quebec snowbelt gets some.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The NAO needs to go negative out in the Atlantic to allow the jet stream pattern to change and open up the floodgates for colder canadian air. There are a number of models having this happen on or about the 15th of January.

Like has been discussed before, a number of long range models for the winter didn't have real cold air & snow arriving until early January, then continuing on into March.

And as always, be careful of weather forecasts tied to the Manchester, NH media. Channel-9 (WMUR) has a horrible weather division and forecasts for all of New Hampshire as if we live in downtown Manchester! The weather conditions in and around the White Mountain area, its foothills & particularly north of the notches are usually much different then what the print & news media centered in the southern half of the state are reporting.

Hang in there, I truly believe it is coming....much like several years ago when the real riding didn't come to the central part of the State until almost February, and hung right on up north well in to March! :fluffy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts