Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am from NW Iowa and with all the snow we have here (yeh right!) i am going to purchase a new sled (am i crazy?) would like some honest imput on the firecat. thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
pros--- i really like the power, how it rides on the rough stuff, etc....
cons--- whip lash, i look like a monkey with arms stretched out longer.
:lol: it s all good.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does any one have any input on the 500? how would this compare to other brand 5 and 600's? i just sold my 01 600 edge xcsp, i have not ridden a cat since i owned 98 zr efi. does the firecat ride blow the edge away? i hope so cause i did like that ride. thanks for all input

·
Registered
437 Posts
I know its not a 500, but i tryed my dads f7 out, holy shit that thing kicks. People are saying the same thing about the 500, hell i wish i had a f5! go for it man

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 500 goes very well it has a very hard midrange pull. It lacks down low and at top end because of very rich jetting. Once you lean it down some it is unreal for a 500. A good 600 will give this sled some trouble but it still holds it's own. I've tried a polaris with the M10 suspension and I would say that it was better at soaking up bumps then the firecat. In my opinion the firecat it the over all best sled I have ever ridden.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does any one know what the dealer cost is on the f7 and f5 standard? just curious hear that some may be blowing them out at their cost in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
no cons that I can think of but if you can wait order a 2004 in april that way all the bugs should be fixed

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,090 Posts
Originally posted by tobruk@Jan 11 2003, 09:41 PM
do you think 2004 cat will have 500 efi or produce a 600 efi
I believe there will be a F6 efi released very soon, mid to late Jan. It will be a 2004 model year. The dealers should have access to them soon.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My dealer told me that the dealer in Cambridge Mn. is selling F7's for $400 below invoice! He said the price he heard was in the $6400 range! Snowhunter

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Is that dealer Larson's???

·
Registered
79 Posts
No joke about the power. I blew away an Yamaha SRX 700 by 3 snowmoblies. God what a great feeling. and the best part was he had a jump on me at the start. (I wasn't ready) The kid asked to test drive mine for a bit and just could not say enough about. Just stared at it for abit trying to figure it out. Oh I ment to say I have an F 5 with a 180 miles now. :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
My family warned me about buying a first year sled. Well, I didn't listen and I am glad I bought my F7. The sled is unbelivable. I think I paid about $7900 for my F7, Spring Ordered, Standard which included Reverse and 6% CT sales tax.

Well, after seeing what my sled could do. One of my friends is picking up his new F7 Standard Sabercat (someone backed out of) this Wednesday. I think he is paying $8100 O.T.D including reverse and my cousin is thinking about trading his '97 T-Cat on a new F7 when we go up to Old Forge next week. They told him $7600 for the F7 and $700 for reverse.

The only thing about these sleds is you have to let them warm up properly before riding. There are a bunch of updates, which I am having done this Saturday. But that was to be expected from a new sled. Personally, I think it is a small inconvience for what the sled offers.

I highly recommend the F7.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by SnoStalker@Jan 11 2003, 10:33 PM
O how much is a f5 snopro then, maby i can get one for next year
I paid $6395 for a F5 Sno Pro (Snow checked, Larson's in Cambridge MN, they were $300 below the nearest price I found back in Feb).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts