Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 F5 STD. that likes to dart. Carbides are brand new. I hear the problem may be my toe-out. After searching through old posts, I can't seem to find the answer on how to do this. All the old posts link to is some tutorial/tip section that doesn't exist anymore. Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have the same sled and had the same problem, put woody's duellys on it and it holds straight, i been using them for 3 years
and i will never go with singles again. Try em i think you will like them.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
\ ---1/8"---/ ........... Some folks go as much 1/4"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with Fastercat... I also have an 03 f5 that darted extremely bad. I adjusted ski aligment, played with suspension...nothin worked and it was scary to ride. switched to dually carbides and the problem is gone. Some people on here say that you loose cornering with dually's but I didn't notice that.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
use a light duty bungee cord and put it at the ski tips to hold all free play in, then measure toe out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch, the cat service manual measures from the aluminum brace the ski bolts to.doolies work great for trail riding, just suck for everything else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, being that my previous sled was a Z370 I didn't really notice it was "darting" until I hopped on a ZR 800 that was stuck like glue to the ground! Then I noticed there was something wrong with my sled. How should I adjust them? The adjustable ends on the tie-rods, right? Im guessing equal distance on each side? I also heard you can measure carbide bolts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I checked it out as best as I could today. The Skis are toed in about 1/10 of an inch. I can't figure out how to adjust for more toe-out?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Well I checked it out as best as I could today. The Skis are toed in about 1/10 of an inch. I can't figure out how to adjust for more toe-out?[/b]
Because you're so close you'll only have to extend one side a turn or so. The Steering rod that goes from under your belly pan to your spindle needs to be SHORTENED to increase toe out. Loosen up the jam nuts on both ball ends and turn the rod accordingly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK so its the tie rods that attach to the spindles, correct? Btw, I figured the front skid shock needed adjustment also. Glad I did that! It was way cranked up. What is that rubber half cover on the front skid shock? It seems worthless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts