Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out as an 04 XC 700 121''.....
So far its a hybrid LOL...Some Prox parts...some Pro XR parts....136''....and a whole bunch of parts in the engine bay....

Stay Tuned

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I love the graphics. If my sled had been a blue EDGE X Id get the Polaris retro graphics kit that Arctic FX offers.
I did something similar to what you are doing to my sled last winter. Articulating bar riser, handguards, Pro-XR seat. I didnt much care for the XR seat. It gave the sled a much higher center of gravity and made it much more tippy in the corners. I ended up selling the XR seat and just going with a Pro-X seat. Its taller than the EDGE seat, which puts your waist above your knees when you are sitting (which I find to be more comfortable), but its not so tall that it makes the sled tippy. I like it.
Here was my sled with the XR seat:
[attachment=406431:2_10_06001.jpg]
[attachment=406435:2_10_06002.jpg]

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good but i would paint/powdercoat the tunnel extension...[/b]

If we didn't have snow right now it would be getting done....lol....

I am getting a coolant hose cover made out of checker plate....

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking sled, very patriotic as well.[/b]
Not bad for a Canadian eh?? LOL

The graphics were modeled after an 1978 Polaris RXL Factory Oval Racer....Done by no other than Jordan Yankee "Arctic FX"
Highly recommend his work.

Its a 700 with "work done"haha... and an Boss Noss nitrous system.

Skis are C&A Razors with 6'' Shaper bars.....Wildchild 136'' rails coming this week that will accept the stock axle using 8'' billet Icestorm wheels.
ProXR handlebars and seat.

Currently running an Tracks USA 136 kit with an 1 1/4 Predator with Megabites and double backers using tall nuts.

Bigdog Racing

·
Registered
570 Posts
If we didn't have snow right now it would be getting done....lol....

I am getting a coolant hose cover made out of checker plate....[/b]
way to go big dog. when snow available,we gotta go play. just finished putting salvage motor in mine. got any parts to fit 97-2001 big blocks around? would like to try ves cyls,700cc. chris

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Looks awesome!

Question for you. Do I see a set of hooked handlebars (ProXR??) using the stock Edge throttle block?? If so - how did you get the throttle block over the curved end??

Is the right hand side of the bar just straight with a bar end added??

I am wondering because I have seen hooked bars added before but not with the stock (one piece) Edge throttle block.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks awesome!

Question for you. Do I see a set of hooked handlebars (ProXR??) using the stock Edge throttle block?? If so - how did you get the throttle block over the curved end??

Is the right hand side of the bar just straight with a bar end added??

I am wondering because I have seen hooked bars added before but not with the stock (one piece) Edge throttle block.[/b]

I had to cut the right side loop off then remove the grip.....then had to remove the 3 wires from the soldered connection for the handlebar heaters.
I had to file down the 3 gobs of solder in order to get the one piece throttle block over the handlebar end.
Once I had the throttle block on, I resoldered the connections, and then replaced the grip and also replaced the curved end with a handlebar hook.

Worked well....I was trying to find an 2 piece throttle block assembly, but this worked out in the end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts