Hardcore Sledder banner

461 - 472 of 472 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Glad you enjoy it. By no means am I done with it. I’ve been riding it to see if the “pipe-cracking” issue has been solved. I have a headlight out which is forcing me to find an alternative. These lights are no longer available from PIAA. And I recently had to replace a tail light bulb. The replacement bulb is not as bright as the originals. So I have to figure out exactly what kind of bulb I just replaced so I can get another like it. The original tail lights are very bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
Story time....a guy reached out to me several months ago. He said he bought a Redline. It wasn’t running. So, he does the normal stuff, clean the carbs, fresh fuel & battery. Only to find the electrical system is not working properly. The headlights are on with the key off. Turn the sled on, and the lights go off. I send him a wiring schematic. He discovers that his “running-relay” has failed and voltage is back-feeding into the system. The Redline is designed to not feed power to the lights & gauges until the engine is actually running. There’s a signal sent from the stator to the “run-relay” to tell the relay to turn on the power and liven up the sled. He bypassed the relay, so now his lights come on with the key. And his battery never dies! So, we have discovered the “run-relay” is what kills the battery when the sled sits overnight. He found his sled runs poorly. The 44mm carbs have 540 main jets. I put UFOs in my carbs. He’s gonna try to jet his machine down. Mine runs great up to half throttle (especially now with the new exhaust manifold!). I’m gonna put EGTs into my new manifold and monitor the mixture as I jet mine down. I haven’t done this in the past due to the exhaust pipe cracking on every ride I take. So far, I have two hours of ride time on this new manifold and my pipe has yet to crack. Due to his machine running so poorly he took his carbs back off and removed the Reed cages. He discovered one or two missing petals and several of the other petals are cracked. So he contacted VForce and they set him up with new reeds AND manifolds! I was shocked! If you have read this whole thread, you remember the story I told where they could not help me. They sent me some skidoo parts thinking they were the same as the Redline. They weren’t, so I sent them back. Now, all of a sudden, they offer the reeds & manifolds! I’ll update my two sleds because the petals are thicker to reduce the chance of breaking off & cracking. This new owner had contacted JAWS regarding getting a pipe built for him. He’s gonna stop in at D&D and see if they’ll build him a pipe. So now we are gonna cross this bridge. We are getting so close to making these things reliable. It’s gonna get exciting now! As a matter of fact, this gentleman is planning on creating an event in New York State next March where he hopes Blade owners, Redline owners, and Scorpion owners can get together for the weekend and celebrate these Marques with a group ride on Tug Hill. This could be fun! Stay tuned for further updates.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #464

Here’s a pic of his new goodies. The broken reeds are on the left. Notice there’s no limit-device present for the petals

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
I don’t know how to link this forum to my YouTube channel. And, this forum won’t let me post videos. If you go to my YouTube channel, you’ll see videos of my Redline running with the new manifold. Go to Whammer Jammer to view the videos

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Unfortunately for my friend from New York, the reeds did not fix his running issue. So I will send him one of my ignition modules to see if that helps....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Gents. Was a member (long ago) but couldn't remember my PW
Anyway, i was browsing for Redline info and stubled on this thread.
I used to own a Mfg co. that made Billet Accessories for Yamaha, Harley etc and back when the redline came out, we approached them at the Milwaukee Snowshow with a "promotional" item.
They loved it and planned on buying 200 for their "Pre-Order" apparel package. Unfortunately the bottom fell out and never materialized.
Fast forward to today and I was doing some spring cleaning and ran across 2 of these Gems.
Thought a true Redline fanatic would love on of these under the tree ;)
1/2" Billet, Hard Anodized, only 2 available
20210406_171827.jpg
20210406_171845.jpg

Sold these back in the day for $125, open to reasonable offers if anyone is interested. Don't do me much good sitting in a box
I don't frequent here much at all so best to reach me via email at [email protected]
Also, feel free to delete this post if it breaks any forum rules.
Just felt like a good place to find a home for these considering how few Redlines were ever sold

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
Well now....I'm gonna have to have that....LOL

461 - 472 of 472 Posts