Hardcore Sledder banner

441 - 460 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Does the dealer up in Alaska still have any of the crated new ones?

Mine is still a garage queen for now. Just too many other projects on the go!

Did anybody ever start a registry for these yet? If not, we should; worthwhile for contacts, ideas, parts, etc. Could be a private registry if need be. I suppose a website dedicated to Redline sleds would not hurt either.

·
Premium Member
18,050 Posts

Did anybody ever start a registry for these yet? If not, we should; worthwhile for contacts, ideas, parts, etc. Could be a private registry if need be. I suppose a website dedicated to Redline sleds would not hurt either.
I received a call last evening from a guy in Atlanta, Ga wanting to buy my brand new Redline Revolt. He's a vintage sled collector. Rides his sleds around Naubinway, UP, MI. he's coming up to see it end of June..

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #445

Right now, all we have is this thread. I’m on Facebook with REDLINE content. And, I have a YouTube channel that has “some” content, with more to come. I’m developing equipment and ideas that I hope some may enjoy. Please stay tuned....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,050 Posts
I recently sold my Redlines to a guy from Lowville, NY. He is a collector of Blades and now Redlines. He says he'll be showing them all around the country. Has a website he frequents. Said that most Redlines are missing the exhaust systems because Redline removed them from sleds at dealers just before closing shop. This was because they had a gasoline fire that injured the rider during a magazine test session in NY. Apparently, the exhaust broke during that test and set the sled on fire. The latest Snow Tech magazine I just received has another small article about the sled on page 6.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
I recently sold my Redlines to a guy from Lowville, NY. He is a collector of Blades and now Redlines. He says he'll be showing them all around the country. Has a website he frequents. Said that most Redlines are missing the exhaust systems because Redline removed them from sleds at dealers just before closing shop. This was because they had a gasoline fire that injured the rider during a magazine test session in NY. Apparently, the exhaust broke during that test and set the sled on fire. The latest Snow Tech magazine I just received has another small article about the sled on page 6.
That surely is a plausible explanation for the missing exhaust. But I wonder why some were missing wiring harness’s? Why were some missing carburetors? Why were some missing air boxes?

·
Premium Member
18,050 Posts
That surely is a plausible explanation for the missing exhaust. But I wonder why some were missing wiring harness’s? Why were some missing carburetors? Why were some missing air boxes?

My buyer was very knowledgeable about these sleds. He knows the original owner of Redline. He knows where lots of spare parts are at also. He picked up an original hood mold before it was trimmed and painted from someone in MN. He told me a lot more stuff but we ran out of time to get into more details. If you'd like, I'll PM you his name and phone number.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
This “talk” of enough parts to assemble 400 sleds is hard to believe. Why? Because I know where an assemblage of remaining parts lie, but nowhere near enough to assemble 400. So where did all the parts go? And why do you often see someone mention that they just bought a Redline, and it came with a rolling chassis? Where did the rolling chassis come from?

·
Premium Member
18,050 Posts
This “talk” of enough parts to assemble 400 sleds is hard to believe. Why? Because I know where an assemblage of remaining parts lie, but nowhere near enough to assemble 400. So where did all the parts go? And why do you often see someone mention that they just bought a Redline, and it came with a rolling chassis? Where did the rolling chassis come from?

I was told that some parts went to Canada. I also suspect that the original dealers like D&D, Micro-Belmont, and others were supplied with spare parts before they were introduced. My two sleds came from a boat dealer in Barnesville, MN. He went to the factory in Fargo ND to get them during the bankruptcy auction I understand. My one friend from Traverse City, MI bought a new Revolt 800 from a dealer in Indian River, MI for $14K. He also bought a Blade and a Scorpion. They are still around in that area and owned by several guys.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
No, it doesn’t crack. This manifold is very thick metal. The shape of it seems very inefficient. Here’s my new one I pieced together. I’m concentrating on making it more streamlined...

441 - 460 of 472 Posts