Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 CougarLC that I just can't seem to part with along with an 02 zl800 as my primary. Every so often I need a new project and now I'm thinking of the Cougar. The sled is in great shape but, I want to rebuld it totally. I know there are a lot of aftermarket items out there but, I was hoping maybe some of you folks could give me some suggestions on upgrading suspension , more horsepower, things like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
1st sled was a 1990 Cougar 500. Fast machine, always reliable, never had an issue with it (until the time we were chased by a bull-long story). Never did any upgrades to it except repair the seat. Send some pics of it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Since your sled is an AWS3 chassis there isn't much you can do for the front suspension mods. You could swap a rear suspension from a ETT sled (1998+) into yours with a few new holes in the tunnel for mounting it. Rebuilding the clutches will bring some life back into it as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since your sled is an AWS3 chassis there isn't much you can do for the front suspension mods. You could swap a rear suspension from a ETT sled (1998+) into yours with a few new holes in the tunnel for mounting it. Rebuilding the clutches will bring some life back into it as well.[/b]
I put a new Fox gas shock in the rear and it made all the difference on the trails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts