Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I can get all the speed stuff for you guys here ,too.. Actually I know waaayyy more about these of course...I've had 2 800's 1 600 1 900 etc..that I have messed with all :D
Let me know if you need help and/or products.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dan: Need help with rear shock. I'm a pretty big guy, around (250) and the repair shop recommended a Comet shock be installed to aid in keeping my suspension up. We already installed the big boy springs from AC and I ordered the higher spring slider blocks. Only one problem, we can't find a Comet shock anywhere in the US or Canada. Even contacted Comet directly, they're not making them this year for my sled. My question is, is the new 9200 series Ryde FX shock as stiff as the Comet? And is the Ryde FX the best shock out there for my application? What'd ya suggest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dave ^_^

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm , I am not familiar with the differences in each companies shocks, as in which is stiffer.
If I were you I would think of getting a Cat rear shock for a sno-pro version of the zr or firecat. First off it should fit no problem. Then some have the clicker that will let you adjust compression...8 positions...I think that would be the BEST alternative.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dan: can you provide me with quote for the shock you suggested, the one with the 8 position adjustable setting, to include shipping? Also, do you have one in stock and how long it would take me to get? I'm out here in Sterling, Illinois. Thanks, Dave. :D

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i,m pretty shure if you take a measurement from youre oem shock you could get a rydefx like the ones on the edge sledds to fit youre zl and the good part is youre able to dial in the best calibration for youre riding style and weight

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hi Dan,
I'm curious whether the D&D Bullseye's being marketed for the F-sled intake system could be used to vent the airbox on a ZR8 by installing them on the sides, front &/or back? I'd like to maintain my stock airbox lid so the powerbreather is not an option for me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
636 Posts
i would revalve the ACT and replace the all the o-rings with hi quality ones . go to the perforamance manual and get the valving from a 2000 sno-pro and springs (2000 is the last year before cross link). acts are just a clone of a fox with a melinite coating. also how often do you rebuild your shock?? i beat the crap out of my 2001 ZR600efi LE and i would never go over 2000 miles on a oil change and floating piston o-ring change.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to check back here sorry :(

Yes , could just revalve the act or fox ones...that works.
Yes, you can call, I again just forgot, try not to again..
The perf. manual covers all aspects, but mostly the f series, beacause, it has more NEW stuff on it.

MUSKOKA800
I'm sure they'll work. I do have the thunder products 2 per pack rectangular low profile ones in stock...they have adoor on them. I put a set on a 1010 SW kit 3 weeks ago. They work well also.I think $49.95 maybe??

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$28.00 shipped.. they have info on all kinds of stuff, but largely aimed at the firecats. But I think there is a torque spec page for everything and many more good things.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can call or I can call you , tomorrow. If/when..just mail me your info, then call, I will then only need a CC #..

508-394-3819
Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts