Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this is my first post ever in a polaris section so go easy on me :help:

I was wondering if anyone knew if polaris was going to make a trail version of the IQ chassis? I managed to hit one snocross race this past winter and was very impressed with the look and design of the sled. first time I've been tempted to switch brands.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Might see some styling cues from the IQ make it down to the IQ trail chassis (i.e. the perimeter frame design on the 600 HO). I don't think you'll see a trail sled from Poo that's THAT rider-forward though.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
its too bad really... personally i'd like to see them release an IQ440 based trail sled, with say a 600ho in it and relegate the fusion to solo touring status... imho, polaris' big miss in the market is the ultra-aggressive trail/ditch sled... Doo went with the X models, Cat w/ the Sno-Pro versions with stiffer shocks and etc... i'm pretty sure the dragon sled doesn't live up to their marks and the fact that polaris hasn't really released anything in this category hurts their market share...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
You can get the Fusion with upgraded shocks. That's all the SnoPro and X package are! Besides, this market segment is just a small piece of the overall sled market.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
yes, i know that... but there is a perception thing going on here... the sno-pro and X models "look" significantly like their racer brothers... the fusion looks nothing like the racer... "win on sunday, sell on monday", people can argue this back and forth all day, but polaris hasn't grasped that, at least they sure don't show that they do...

current Rev's and Sno-Pro's look virtually identical to the racers over the past few years, that helps sales... put up an IQ600 with FIXED steering column, remote shocks, the "Way Rider Forward" like the racer and i'll bet people line up to buy them... it would be more of an image sled than anything i'd think, but it will help them in the minds of the consumer...

it may be a small segment, but it is a HIGHLY visible segment to all the riders...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep that's exactly what I mean. race on sunday sell on monday. I like the racer look of the IQ, it draws me in. unfortunatley poo doesn't have anything to offer that resembles the snocross sled

·
Registered
739 Posts
:beer: I agree I am waiting for the same thing a racer chassie with a factory motor same as i got in 04. If any manufactur does that I am their!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree with bonz50, I would not but anyone of polaris's new sleds except for an Iq racer chassis with a mod 800. I'm a hard core polaris guy, but I what something that can handle everything I want to do on it. I'm not saying fusions are junk, their awsome sleds but I like the strenth from the race chassis.JMO :dunno:

·
Registered
163 Posts
the IQ 440 will be my next sled I would not settle for anything less, the fusion looks all right but too heavy and was not tested on the snowcross track for a season. I am slowly building a 600 engine for it. Probibly get it next year and ride my xr one more winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts