Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of those that have actually sat on the sw...how does it compare as to knee room...?

I had knee pads on the old...will we need on the new?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have a Procross, and I bought the factory new ones a little stiffer than the first models. The yamaha being made the same will have the same room, you do need the knee pads your knees bang into the rear of the console cover. Now theres a guy on the cat site that made his own and they really look so good I told him to start making them. Whichever you pick , it sounds weird but make sure they are hard as a rock because when you ride with them they wont be

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the skinz and liked the softer feel...but on the new thunder cat/side winder I've been told there's more knee room now?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm also interested in the OP's question. The new Thundercats and the Sidewinder are redesigned from older procrosses with a different body style up front. So, it is a legitimate question of whether there is more knee room with the new design.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I have run with these on a couple of AC sleds. I like them for the grip. They came from a company called Racewerx, in MN.
I also have run with bibs that have pads. They do work, but slide more easily on the cowling.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Not a bad idea..how comfortable and what kind
I wear my MX stuff. They are the Leatt dual axis knee and shin guards. The dual pivot really makes them move perfectly with your knee, no binding and fit under the snow pants no problem. I don't ride the bike or sled without them. Very comfortable, you don't know they're there. It's nice to ride with your knees directly on the console moving around bashing away and feel nothing. Those stick on pads can't come close to same protection and with knee guards you can ride any sled and have same protection.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I would not ride without knee/shin pads and tec vest, have seen first hand a wipe out where guy bashed his shin on running board and had to be air lifted out. Also seen another crash where guy broke his knee cap. Each to your own but the way I look at it is wearing gear is the difference between getting back on and riding or being hauled out on a stretcher or worse yet in a bouncy bouncy tabogan ride with a broken bone lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I would not ride without knee/shin pads and tec vest, have seen first hand a wipe out where guy bashed his shin on running board and had to be air lifted out. Also seen another crash where guy broke his knee cap. Each to your own but the way I look at it is wearing gear is the difference between getting back on and riding or being hauled out on a stretcher or worse yet in a bouncy bouncy tabogan ride with a broken bone lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
,,, tell me about it!!,, not so bad after the Morphine kicks in,,,,, :blush:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts