Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 efi, I have the service manual, just want to verify if the procedure is correct. Do you back off the idle adjustment? It also says you must replace the throtle body if out of spec. The tps looks adjustable to me. I have the cat tester also.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Do not back off the idle. The spec for that TPS is for an idle setting, they are set all the same. And you can adjust it. Out of spec is in relation to both ends of the spectrum being out of spec. Normally if your high on specs at the idle position and low on W.O. then the TPs is out of Spec. or basically its not accurate any longer. If its high on one end it should be high on the other end.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I adjust it by the idle screw?? The idle voltage is low, top end is in spec. Or just give the tps a twist. I did my carb model by using the rod that comes with the tester. Efi doen't show this method, thats what got me confused.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re adjust your TPS sensor. Then chceck to make sure your Wide open setting is still within specs. If it is, your good to go. if not your TPS is prolly faulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts