Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have my Xlt. i bought it about a month ago and it ran fine. on staturday i went sledding wiht a couple of my friends and it ran fine until i got home. i shut it off and 15 minutes later i tried starting it again. it wouldnt start so i changed all the spark plugs. it started fine on the first pull. ok then the next morning i tried starting it and it did the same thing as before. so i changed spark plugs and it still does the same thing. im thinking it could either be the fuel filter, pump or the carburaters. once you get it started though you have to feather the throttle to keep it idling but otherwise it runs fine. please help i need to get it running again before this weekend!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Possibly worn needles and seats in the carbs, allowing fuel to slowly run into the engine when it is off for a period of time. Are the plugs wet when you change them? Does it start easier if you hold the throttle wide open? If it is real bad you may see fuel spraying out the plug holes when you pull it over with the plugs out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There is a drain plug for each cylinder in front of the motor 10 mm. When it does not start, remove the plug and if fuel drains out needle and seats are bad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Worn out needles. have problems on the xcr's we have. Easy fix, turn your gas off after riding and when you want to ride just turn it back on. Works great or you will be pulling all day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worn out needles. have problems on the xcr's we have. Easy fix, turn your gas off after riding and when you want to ride just turn it back on. Works great or you will be pulling all day.[/b]
yeah i turn off the gas every night i shut it off. but anyways i took it to a shop last night and it had dirt in the carbs and the idle had to be set a little higher. also it was flooded so i took one of the bolts outta the block and a buncha gas came peeing out. we got it running though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts