Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't get me wrong...i like the power of my F7 Sno Pro...but you have to admit the rev is awesome...i rode my brothers for about 30 miles(riding with my girlfriend) and i could easily go faster on the rev down the trail than on mine, kills in the corners. Now, for the other good thing about the rev, NO PROBLEMS! I have had my 99 440 sno pro till I bought my F7...the only problem i had with that sice i bought it was the engine overheated and blew...one problem thats it....F7 on the other hand, about 10 recals, blowing belts all over the place, flap got chewed up TWICE, and now the damn recoil breaks on me about 20 minutes ago. I had to use a lace out of my boots to get it running! NOT COOL. Now im not saying that there isn't any problems with the rev...because i ran into a guy tonight with rev probs, but his was mod. I don't know, if i knew the problems that were going to happen when i got the sled i wouldn't have ever bought it. Now, one more thing...if the rev chassis, with a stiffer suspension, had the F7 motor...that would be my sled...for now im looking at the rev...

·
Registered
772 Posts
and ur point is??????????????????????????.....so in reality.....that entire post was there to mean.....??? that u want a REV....

Were happy for yah!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unlike some of us, I'm here to learn and so feel free to post your experiences...good or bad. You can tell when someone is immature as they type. Pay them no mind.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
If you get a rev you will have to change your name to
Rev lose to f7 everytime

·
Registered
866 Posts
If a rev out corners your f7 your setup wrong. When setup right there is no sled that can compete in the turns. Not bashing I rode a rev nice sled it just doesn't rail turns as good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by kodiakman76@Mar 15 2003, 02:52 PM
If you get a rev you will have to change your name to
Rev lose to f7 everytime
That was a little childish for a 26 year old. <_<

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't buy my F7 'till January. I've had no trouble, ran the shat out of it from mile 6(thats all you need for break in,right?)
But I have heard of plenty of problems, I would blame a lot of it on dealer prep.
If you go to 'Doo, be prepared to be in 2nd. place. They make a great sled(I still have a 01 & 02 mxz 800, for sale), but they are no match for the F7.
It is too bad about the reliability issues with some, not all of them, but don't be fooled 'Doos have issues too, I rode them for years. All 4 manufacturers can have trouble, we all know that.
If your not into racing, you will probably like the 'Doo just fine.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I would take a chewed up flap, a couple of blown belts and a broken pull cord any day over a blown engine. I too have a chewed up flap and have blown 1 belt and my recoil cover came loose-I had to pull the can to tighten it-took about 20 minutes. So I guess that is 3 problems compared to your 1 Doo problem? Come on! <_<

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear that in heavy heavy pounding the rev's will fold like a cheap suit. Take a look at all the added supports to the factory racer's.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Originally posted by toolboy@Mar 16 2003, 09:35 PM
I hear that in heavy heavy pounding the rev's will fold like a cheap suit. Take a look at all the added supports to the factory racer's.
(cheap suit) thats funny as hell. to bad for the doo guys ....it's true.
what's sad for us true cat loyals is we will have to listen,
to these same guys next year bitchen about the rev falling apart.
and they will want to come back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts