Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hauled the F7 in the Garage to put some new carbides on it. I noticed the front end seems to sag more that usual. I don`t know if I`m seeing things or what? But the stablizer bar thing is usually pretty level with the ground when looking at it from the side, but right now its angled up at about a 20 - 30 degree slope. The front end seems to be quite soft and dosn`t rebound as it use to. When I lift the front of the machine the skis dont come up till about 5 or six inches.

I have 650 miles on it now and haven`t really jumped it too hard. Its a Standard Team Arctic F7.

Could my shocks be blown?

What is the ground clearance on your F7 Standard?

I`m going to MI in 2 nights and need this problem solved. SO HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!!

PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
sounds like springs ? pull one off and take the spring off and see if your shock is working . but it sounds like springs to me . i know when i put new springs on my dwarf car after i run hot laps i need to tighten them up a bit.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I'm not sure about the front shocks but the rear was very soft. I would sit on the machine and didn't some all the way back up. After moving the track, the rear suspension got stiffer and back to the way it should be. Maybe, just maybe, if you push the front end up and down the shocks will stiffen up for you. Just a thought.

[email protected]
green F7 std

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I`ll try that.

One thing I noticed is when I went to unscrew the tie down I didn`t have much clerance as I used to either.

Could trailering it make the suspension sag till you compres it up and down a few times.

Could someone take a look at there sled and see if the stabilizer bar link thing is level w/ the ground or does it slope up?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
a shock only dampens the spring ! the shock does not hold the sled up the springs do ! unless you have a bent shock shaft that would bind it up and keep the shock from moving freely! if their is no binding anywhere just tighten your springs up a bit

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Jan 29 2003, 08:47 PM
I`ll try that.

One thing I noticed is when I went to unscrew the tie down I didn`t have much clerance as I used to either.

Could trailering it make the suspension sag till you compres it up and down a few times.

Could someone take a look at there sled and see if the stabilizer bar link thing is level w/ the ground or does it slope up?
Slider79,

F7 SnoPro(600 miles):

Black arms/links on ends of stabilizer bars pretty much level with ground.

Front bumper height : 17.5" (Springs set at 3" thread showing)

Hope this info helps.
-John

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 threads?

I have 37 showing.

I`ve almost got the fucker maxed!!!!!

Your talkin about the small little threads that the black thing that turns the spring right?

I`ll measure the bumper in a bit.

I turned the springs up about 5 turns and it seems to do nothing.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Jan 29 2003, 09:14 PM
3 threads?

I have 37 showing.

I`ve almost got the fucker maxed!!!!!

Your talkin about the small little threads that the black thing that turns the spring right?
Slider79,

3 inches....
-John

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O LOL then.

Opps!!!

Just getting a little excited and all. Going to MI and dont want to have to take the 1996 EXT 580.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Jan 29 2003, 09:27 PM
OK

I just measured almost 16 inches to the bottom of the bumper.
Slider79,

Just so you know, my measurment of 17.5" is to the top of the bumper. Sorry, I should have stated that in my 1st post....
-John

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huh?

It just dont seem right. dont know why?

I`ll bring it down to the dealer for shits and giggles to see whats up.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Oh get over it. All you need is a bra for your firecat. A good one wil make any saggy thing look firm.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats that link.

Wonderbra.com?

Will it fix my sagging front.

I dont want guys staring at me thinkin whats wrong with that one!! Ya Know!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Jan 29 2003, 10:24 PM
O LOL then.

Opps!!!

Just getting a little excited and all. Going to MI and dont want to have to take the 1996 EXT 580.
I bought my 13 year old a 96 580 EXT--he loves his. Although, over X-mas break we went for 12 days...around the 4th day, when we could finally go snowmobiling, the poor kids voltage regulator took a shit. It was a real bummer for him! He's good to go now though...damn nice sled. B)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Jan 29 2003, 11:29 PM
Whats that link.

Wonderbra.com?

Will it fix my sagging front.

I dont want guys staring at me thinkin whats wrong with that one!! Ya Know!!
Believe me, if you have a wonderbra on, that's exactly what they will be thinkin...lol! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts