Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have and 04 f6 carbed and i keep blowin plugs like crazy not just warm up even after its worm i blow plugs i rejet my pilots and my mains needles didnt make a difference it seen to blow plug on take off after it idles for period of time or out of nowere as this happened to anybody else what could be tha problem electrical???? coil caps wires im stumped soo far its been doin this seens new i had corrected it but dealer looked at it and it started all over again

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
what are you running for mains,what position are clips in on needles,what are your air screw settings and what are your fuel screw settings? also have you done an oil ratio average yet to check oil consumption?all these make a difference especially oil usage. my 04 has stock pilots 440 mains needles dropped 1 position (clip up 1 from stock) pilot air and fuel screws at 1.5 turns out. hope this helps(note my plugs run a little lighter than i like and i dont like long wfo runs but have ridden radar run in -15 degree weather so if it was gonna blow up it woulda done it then.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
it sounds more like you're loading up with fuel at idle and bogging down at take off. Not really blowing up the plugs... Alot of guys are having this problem on the 04's right now, Both EFI and carb from what i read.

My 05 F7 carb was having that problem too at the start of last season, i had my sled rejetted and had and air box mod done than that helped her out quite a bit. Sorry, not sure on the jet sizes in there now though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts