Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had started my sled from sitting through this (no Snow) season and when I got back up to camp I seen oil under the belly pan area. I opened the hood and noticed that the oil came out from the exhaust manifold. I have a SLP pipe and can. I have a few questions:

1. Should I seal the connection between the manifold and the pipe with High Temp. silicone??
2. Do you guys recommend any other type of gasket
3. Is it normal for it to have oil come out of the exhaust after sitting for four months. It was not fogged.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
its not normal to have a lot of oil in the crank case after sitting. you may have one of the oil lines with a bad check valve that lets oil drip by after its shut off. If you found the belly pan covered you could have a oil line that is rubbed threw.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitly not clean oil out of one of the lines and it smoked like a S.O.B when start up after sitting for the off season. Is this normal, should I replace that donut gasket at the manifold and seal with hi temp silicone???? Any type of after market donut gasket you guys recommend

Thanks

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
the exhaust donut will hold up much better and seal much more efficent if Hi-temp sealent like permatex is used around it against the pipe and against the manifold, i have been using this stuff ever since i started to pay attention to performance.. i would check up the oilpump if you have so much excessive oil in your exhaust, i mean all 2-strokers dump a little oil in the exhaust system and even back through the carbs , but if it´s pooring i would go to the bottom with it before burning down ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.