Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on taking my shocks over to Goodwin to have them all rebuilt. I am also putting in new rear load springs. I had a sagging problem last year. The suspension would never raise back up to the full open position when off the sled. You could pick up on the back bumper and it would raise the 4", but if you pushed down on the sled it would drop, and never come back up.
Was thinking about having the valving changed to handle the studder bumps a little better also.
Has anyone messed with valving changes? Has anyone come up with a good combination?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I hate to reply with no reply but the sag question has been asked and answered in the ProX forum, don't buy springs untill you read the posts. I just asked the question about the revalving as my shocks need to be softened. I don't believe a specific valve stack spec was relayed, just some different spring front track shock spring options and "yes it they can be softened.

Jeff

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have had my shocks revalved recently. With 3800 miles, all four shocks were pretty beat-up. I have yet to ride with this new set-up, but am confident it will ride the stutters better. These specs are from ArvinMeritor themselves. I have also added a lighter spring (120lbs) on the front of the track. Hope this helps....

[attachment=101433:attachment]

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your input.
JBShocks, I tried PM-ing you reguarding the posibility of you revalving and rebuilding shocks, but your mailbox wouldn't accept?
If you do this kind of work and are intrested in doing some shocks, send me a PM. I have 1 set from a Pro X which need to be re-valved to your recomendation, and 1 set which just need rebuilding.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
This is my 4th season doing shocks and each year we find better combos as do others. The most important thing is to match the shock valving with the correct spring rate for your weight and riding style. In general Polaris rebound valving is too stiff and they don't use a multiple stack on the bump side. Nothing that can't be corrected with a revalve/rebuild by a quality rebuilder.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It is definitly worth it, valving is genaric from the factory, I have palyed with mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts