Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about an aftermarket pipe for my 2003 Pro X 800 and was woundering what one to go with?

I would like to buy a used pipe if possible.

Thanks, James

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Jet it down, clutch it first. They come pig rich. Lots more to gain that way. If you must SLP single is one of the more popular.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
i put the SLP single on mine and ripped out the airbox shelf. it really woke it up. still running stock jetting at sea level and 0 to 20+ *F.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
SLP seems to be the most popular, but it requires a canister with it... if you HAVE to meet noise laws from riding in WI then Hot Seat is about the only other one out there...

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I didnt like the way the hotseat pipe fit my prox , I ended up with a slp single.... Runs good , jetting is fairly easy to set up. To get more power then stock it needs to be set up very close to lean , I put a tempaflow on with the pipe. The slp pipe fits very good , but you must use the foil tape on the back side of the hood. its slightly louder then stock , nothing like some aftermarket cans! deep rumble

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a SLP pipe and can on my XR 800, and I am running stock 450 jets. Would I be safe running 440's out on the lake when I am racing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Originally posted by DanaProXR800@Oct 12 2005, 02:42 PM
I have a SLP pipe and can on my XR 800, and I am running stock 450 jets.  Would I be safe running 440's out on the lake when I am racing? Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925275
[/quote]

depends on air temp and density, fuel type, oil type, timing. look at your piston wash for tuning. liberty twins can run leaner than most think. i bet you'll be alright running 440's.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Originally posted by DanaProXR800@Oct 12 2005, 05:42 PM
I have a SLP pipe and can on my XR 800, and I am running stock 450 jets.  Would I be safe running 440's out on the lake when I am racing? Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925275
[/quote]

just dont run it clamped to the bar for more then 1000' on really cold days/night.

If all you do is ride around Coleman and that area you should be fine with 440's... you have a base hight of about 1000' min and it rises to just over 2300' at little diamond pond. keep a close eye on your midrange wash if you drop the mains , theres some long trails that you can just hold it at 50~55 mph with out letting off or getting a ticket.... I talked to a GREENIE at the grass drags last weekend he said they dont ticket unless your over 62 or its very busy on the trails. :div20:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts