Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
And the valving in the Xcr shocks would also be diff. Than the pro s. He made a 137 Xcr with a pros sway bar and prox springs. without some chassis/ rail renforcements. Which imo would make a nice sled. Probably works very well.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I put dual rate ifs springs and widened one of my prox sleds. It worked well without trading off the prox .

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put dual rate ifs springs and widened one of my prox sleds. It worked well without trading off the prox .
What did you do to widen it? I bang ditches, move around on the sled and ride it aggressively, so I don’t want to lose the extra travel the x provides.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I had the spindles machined and bushing made to offset it to the opposite side. There are cheaper ways and guys here have done it by cutting them and moving extra to other side. But I’ll let them explain that process. Obviously gives it a wider more stablil stance without giving up the height. The dual rate springs let me tip the sled in going into corners . I did both at same time. So I can’t say what results are by themselves. But together I could tell a difference. For sure

·
Registered
362 Posts
From my opinion and experience. You need the pro s sway bar. Try that and less preload to lower the front end. If that's not enough, then "spring" for the hygear kit. Better yet, get pro s shocks off of ebay and the s swaybar.

To give you an idea, I have prox shocks on mine, but lowered with a more stubby eyelet. The shocks are only .25" longer than a pro s and now I have over an inch of extra travel (front travel, not shock travel). About 12% more than a pro s. I also have Hygear dual rate springs and fox progressive bottom out bumpers. I can sit down and ride very aggressively in very bumpy situations. Minimal handling compromise. If i want full pro s handling. It's 6 turns on the preload and 4 clicks up on damping.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had the spindles machined and bushing made to offset it to the opposite side. There are cheaper ways and guys here have done it by cutting them and moving extra to other side. But I’ll let them explain that process. Obviously gives it a wider more stablil stance without giving up the height. The dual rate springs let me tip the sled in going into corners . I did both at same time. So I can’t say what results are by themselves. But together I could tell a difference. For sure
I did this too. I noticed the difference and the extra stance looks cool. I also did this on my XP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All these are awesome suggestions! I've already ordered the Pro-S sway bar & bushings and I'll probably put that on before my first ride. I'll try and lower the front end by adjusting the pre-load for starters as well. If I feel I need more, I'll work my way down the list y'all have made.

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Will be interesting to hear how you like the results.
I've found with the x swaybar etc, lowering preload just made the sled roll more in the corners, but adding preload didnt give me the desired results either. Going up on the clickers seems to keep the front in check but then the ride suffers too much.

then some will probably ask why I got this sled and not a Pro-S. Well, we never got the choice over here on this side of the pond. And the scandinavian importer/distributor always goes for the firmest calibrations available :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did this too. I noticed the difference and the extra stance looks cool. I also did this on my XP.
I’ve seen this done before, then read people and some issues bending/snapping ski bolts after cutting off the factory pressed in spacer for a loose one. I’ve been adding a few lime squeeze touches to my night lightning edition X to spice things up a tad and I’m considering a set of spindles to try this with. Would love to hear from anyone that’s come up with a bulletproof solution to the spacers. Gripper skis are in the mail
As well....

we’ll figure these things out or I’ll land back on my head for the second time this year trying! Hahaha!

·
Registered
50 Posts
kmtracer, now that you've said you "added a few lime squeeze touches" to your sled, you realize you need to post a photo or two now. :)
Don't the RMK's have movable bushings for the skis? Can't these just be swapped out on the SB and Rush?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I’ve seen this done before, then read people and some issues bending/snapping ski bolts after cutting off the factory pressed in spacer for a loose one. I’ve been adding a few lime squeeze touches to my night lightning edition X to spice things up a tad and I’m considering a set of spindles to try this with. Would love to hear from anyone that’s come up with a bulletproof solution to the spacers. Gripper skis are in the mail
As well....

we’ll figure these things out or I’ll land back on my head for the second time this year trying! Hahaha!
I guess it's possible. But I see no reason to snap bolts if you do it correctly. I've been doing it since 2010. What spindles are you looking to get?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I cannot say other than I had no problem with how it was done on mine. It actually moves the bottom of spindle to center ski right over the carbide also.

·
Registered
73 Posts
kmtracer, now that you've said you "added a few lime squeeze touches" to your sled, you realize you need to post a photo or two now. :)
Don't the RMK's have movable bushings for the skis? Can't these just be swapped out on the SB and Rush?
They’re in the mail!!! I’ll post it once I get all the parts on.

I’ve considered just buying a set of lime spindles and cutting the factory bushing off and getting a spacer. However I’ve seen aftermarket spindles With adjustable spacers but it looked like they were RMK only. I’d be interested to know the differences.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I replaced all the shocks on my 18 SB pro X with the xcr hi/lo shocks from the polaris catalog and put on the Pro S sway bar, whole new sled handles incredibly, unlimited adjustment
I also bought the XCR front shocks. They'll be added this week. I LOVE how the back of the sled feels and rides as it is, so I'm going to keep the center and rear shocks the same. I also like the 1.75" lugs too. Now, if the front becomes responsive, predictable and the inside ski stays on the ground in the corners, I'm going to be real happy with the sled.
The next trip (hopefully) will be the weekend of 1/30. I'll let everyone know the results in February.

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally, I got the dual rate center spring setup installed also, took me 10 minutes max! 600 has been kinda neglected this year, too busy working in the week and riding the SBA om my weekend trips.

Just loosen the top mount and swing the shock back to swap out the spring.. The short test trip I did , it gave me the planted front end feel I was looking for. Just a little more tweaking now to get the ride to match the handling

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
the FTS

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Finally, I got the dual rate center spring setup installed also, took me 10 minutes max! 600 has been kinda neglected this year, too busy working in the week and riding the SBA om my weekend trips.

Just loosen the top mount and swing the shock back to swap out the spring.. The short test trip I did , it gave me the planted front end feel I was looking for. Just a little more tweaking now to get the ride to match the handling
Never thought about that. I just changed my centre out as the Monster dual rate(longer) spring broke on me. Me and 11 year old took us about 25 minutes. Installed cable scratchers back on now that it is spring time and all remaining riding will be mostly sea ice to get to goose hunting blinds.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts