Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I bought both drive and driven Pro 4 clutches from mark. 4 tower primary and standard dia. secondary. I went with Pro 4 for a couple of reasons 1st he makes both primary and secondary clutches and 2nd he is state side.
I have a 17 cross county 137 with stock gearing a 270 TD tune, cold air intake,exhaust 2 1/2",turbo smart BOV and before I went with these clutches I was running 180 to 190 belt temps and now run on the average 135 to 140 and with easy throttle I 115 to 120.
I had one problem right from the get go and contacted mark and he had me send back to him and he paid for shipping both ways and was always communicating with me.
I love the clutches and the customer service I feel is second to none.

FYI, Mark is a racer by heart and also sponsors the asphalt racing circuit here in Michigan. I have talked to him several times and he has always been polite, informative, and stands behind his work. We use his secondary on our PS1000 sled and have always gotten better ET's with his secondary VS the stock cat reverse cam and we have yet to wear out the bushings in the secondary in 5 years of racing and testing in the grass/dirt. When we were using the stock secondary we had to replace the bushings yearly.

Reactions: BTP

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Tom, will the Pro4 secondary bolt on the Cat team 998 BOSS shaft or will I have to make a change? Looking to put this on my lake sled.

·
Premium Member
33,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Tom, will the Pro4 secondary bolt on the Cat team 998 BOSS shaft or will I have to make a change? Looking to put this on my lake sled.
yep. it's a different clutch than the yammie obviously, but it's a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
676 Posts
tom, i want the primary and sec for my new thundercat 2021 with 280-300 hp where can i buy the clutchs right now. wife want to buy for my birthday,

·
Registered
674 Posts
I like it on my 1100. Acts and works like the old cat secondarys I used for over 30 years. Looking forward to using the new TAAP clutch with it this winter.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I tried to order the pro 4 clutches... in fact i was getting 4 of them ... primary and secondaries but to no avail.. no one would call back at the pro 4 shop, even email, called and left 6 messages at a number on line... nothing!!! Thunder products was good and was going to get me one last week but never heard back. Called Dave at TAPP and had hour long conversation, bought his and was sent out this morning, also called STM and bought theirs as well and it was sent Thursday and sitting at UPS depot in Barrie Ontario for delivery tomorrow... that is 4 days even through customs!! done. this is what we want for service as our sport has limited time and short season...money is available to companies that give great service and keep us on the snow. by the time these other companies figure that out it'll be too late, this game is very competitive.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I tried to order the pro 4 clutches... in fact i was getting 4 of them ... primary and secondaries but to no avail.. no one would call back at the pro 4 shop, even email, called and left 6 messages at a number on line... nothing!!! Thunder products was good and was going to get me one last week but never heard back. Called Dave at TAPP and had hour long conversation, bought his and was sent out this morning, also called STM and bought theirs as well and it was sent Thursday and sitting at UPS depot in Barrie Ontario for delivery tomorrow... that is 4 days even through customs!! done. this is what we want for service as our sport has limited time and short season...money is available to companies that give great service and keep us on the snow. by the time these other companies figure that out it'll be too late, this game is very competitive.
That’s piss poor on pro-4. Looks like I’ll buy my clutches elsewhere too, thanks for the heads up. So you bought a Tapp primary and STM secondary?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Great combo. You wont be disappointment.
TAPP.jpg

·
Premium Member
33,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
my apologies for not being able to get you what you wanted, unfortunately it's out of my control

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks for the pic NIL8, i think i picked the right ones, how did yours perform and what are your settings for 285hp-300 hp? Tom im not disappointed in your service by anymeans, you can only sell what the supplier supplies... unfortunately this absolutely would put a sour taste in any purchasers mouth... its just as simple as picking up the phone and returning a call and saying,,,sorry ill be manufacturing them closer to fall or...? but to not even reply to any messages speaks volumes in my books as to the type of company they run... what would take place if i had a warranty issue??? I honestly wouldnt want that on your head Tom... so im glad you werent able to get me one...or 4 that i was getting.

·
Registered
676 Posts
That’s piss poor on pro-4. Looks like I’ll buy my clutches elsewhere too, thanks for the heads up. So you bought a Tapp primary and STM secondary?
yes the Green TAPP is some where in the prairies now on the truck will be here aug 3 and the STM sec is in my garage on display!!! came with a 46/36 and a green sno pro spring middle hole

·
Premium Member
33,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Has the virus delayed them Tom?
i'm sure that's a part of it. it has screwed up every single aspect of my ability to get parts and keep my guys happy the way i normally do. even simple stuff like nuts and bolts are hard to get

·
Premium Member
33,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
yes the Green TAPP is some where in the prairies now on the truck will be here aug 3 and the STM sec is in my garage on display!!! came with a 46/36 and a green sno pro spring middle hole
that is how i have been setting them up for a few season now, you'll be pretty close like that. let me know if you have any questions on the tuning them, i'm happy to help

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i'm sure that's a part of it. it has screwed up every single aspect of my ability to get parts and keep my guys happy the way i normally do. even simple stuff like nuts and bolts are hard to get
Most of my plumbing suppliers are in the same boat, just everyday ordinary fittings are on backorder.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I work for FORD and we are almost out of trucks, we are the only dealer in ontario that has a large stock but we are selling at least 10 a day and will run out as of end of august, even all our bed products ..ie covers liners etc are back ordered. Crazy,, but as i stated ...there is huge money out there to be spent,, i just sold 4 GT500's this week, delivered 2 last saturday...all at 20000.00 over window sticker!!! the US dealers are getting 50000,00 over list. there is money out there, suppliers just need to get off there asses and manufacture the goods. Makes me laugh my ass off at the companies scamming the canadian government for the wage subsidy..(CEWS) they have to prove they are making 30% less income than previous month last year.... pretty easy to do when your only open from 11-5 instead of 9-9... i guess you can catch COVITS at 9am and 10 am ... but your safe at 11am!!!! WTF

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Thanks for the pic NIL8, i think i picked the right ones, how did yours perform and what are your settings for 285hp-300 hp? Tom im not disappointed in your service by anymeans, you can only sell what the supplier supplies... unfortunately this absolutely would put a sour taste in any purchasers mouth... its just as simple as picking up the phone and returning a call and saying,,,sorry ill be manufacturing them closer to fall or...? but to not even reply to any messages speaks volumes in my books as to the type of company they run... what would take place if i had a warranty issue??? I honestly wouldnt want that on your head Tom... so im glad you werent able to get me one...or 4 that i was getting.
The TAPP is an incredible piece. PM me when you have yours in your hands and a ready to set up and I can help get you close

41 - 60 of 77 Posts