Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are now getting our first stock in from pro 4 performance. The quality on these is amazing.
They use old school cat helix and spring. We will have them for 1100, 998 cat and 998 yammie/nytro.
20181217_163951.jpeg

Combine one with the TAPP primary for a great clutching combo.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
We are now getting our first stock in from pro 4 performance. The quality on these is amazing.
They use old school cat helix and spring. We will have them for 1100, 998 cat and 998 yammie/nytro.
View attachment 2033568

Combine one with the TAPP primary for a great clutching combo.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Are there re-build kits available for All the wear parts? Especially the bushings - and how difficult is it to replace the wear parts?

·
Premium Member
33,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there re-build kits available for All the wear parts? Especially the bushings - and how difficult is it to replace the wear parts?
all rebuildable. i would just get the parts directly from the maker.
not sure on difficulty, obviously i havent had to rebuild one but it looks as simple as any bushing replacement

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,594 Posts
all rebuildable. i would just get the parts directly from the maker.
not sure on difficulty, obviously i havent had to rebuild one but it looks as simple as any bushing replacement
What is your opinion comparatively with the STM?

·
Premium Member
33,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is your opinion comparatively with the STM?
i'm not an STM type of guy so i dont use their stuff. the guys that i've talked to who have compared them back to back, said the pro 4 was more efficient and actually used a couple degree different helix because of it.
cant say that's a fact from personal experience, but i do trust the word of the guys who told me that.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I really don’t care for the Team secondary, can’t get any top end out of it, would like to go to a Pro 4 or STM, but need more info on the gains before I spend that kind of $$$?

What helix and spring would you recommend with Modstock?

·
Premium Member
33,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What helix for hurricane 270, how would you setup spring? Looks like a excellent clutch.
still need to get some test data for dead nuts set ups, but the starting point is going to be a 46/36 with either a green snopro spring or the red/white.
obviously, like with any clutching, people will need to test and find what works best for them, but i think that will be a good baseline

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
What helix for hurricane 270, how would you setup spring? Looks like a excellent clutch.
still need to get some test data for dead nuts set ups, but the starting point is going to be a 46/36 with either a green snopro spring or the red/white.
obviously, like with any clutching, people will need to test and find what works best for them, but i think that will be a good baseline
That’s what most ran in the STM’s last year. I’m not sure they need that much spread for trail riding. With low engagement the 998 is kind of lazy to me. Even the quick boost tunes don’t come on until 5500. The stock Cat is essentially a straight 49. The nice thing is cams are cheap for these to do testing. But once again in trail form I bet it takes a dramatic change to see much difference as conditions really dictate how it works. Using a low angle cam and big spring will really slow down the shift and require some heavy weights which will possible make the low end feel worse. I’d probably have a 44/40 made up too.

·
Premium Member
33,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s what most ran in the STM’s last year. I’m not sure they need that much spread for trail riding. With low engagement the 998 is kind of lazy to me. Even the quick boost tunes don’t come on until 5500. The stock Cat is essentially a straight 49. The nice thing is cams are cheap for these to do testing. But once again in trail form I bet it takes a dramatic change to see much difference as conditions really dictate how it works. Using a low angle cam and big spring will really slow down the shift and require some heavy weights which will possible make the low end feel worse. I’d probably have a 44/40 made up too.
i've talked to guys who ran STMs the last few season and got numbers all over the damn place.
more spread, less spread, reverse angle, straight angle, 5 different springs, blah blah.:frantics:

i'm basing the 46/36 off of a few guys i know well and trust their testing, but we'll definitely adjust as needed.

plus, once testing starts with the TAPP primary and this secondary, it will be back to the beginning i'm sure

1 - 20 of 77 Posts