Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i be able to install a clutch kit from Dan by myself (f-5). Can i do it with clutch still in the sled. I have a puller comming just in case. Any special tools besides torx or allen not sure which and misc wrenches.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
No, you won't need the puller. If you want to pull the clutch it will probably be easier to take apart. All you need to do is use the torx to take the cover off and you can get at the spring and weights. Simple.
Cat S.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Changing the helix is easer than messing with the primary. Take out the 1/2" bolt that holds the secondary. Pull it out and pull the clutch off. Account for ALL the washers, the aluminum spacer and the rubber oring. Pull out the clutch and take out the (3) 1/2" nuts. They hold the roller cover on. There is a bit of spring pressure. Especially with the green spring. Be carefull. It will then come apart. Account for the large spacer washers between the two sheaves. Then just unscrew the helix and put the new one in. Put the clutch back together. It will be DIFFICULT by yourself with the green spring. Just make wure the rollers are on the helix. Look at how it is put together BEFORE you take it apart. Or go to brownleisureworld.com to get an exploded view. Hope this helps.
Cat S.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The helix is easy, as well. Mark the two separate sheeves on the top with a marker so you don't misalign them if you separate the two sheevs to remove a shim that is inbetween the sheeves. Just take the bolt off that mounts it to the shaft. Take note of the washers and keyway bar that are on the inside of the secondary hole that the jackshaft goes into and just put it all back together the same way you took it apart. To get the helix off, put your hand on the top of the piece that sits on top of the helix and unscrew the three nuts while holding it down. Don't let up or it may pop up (not too bad) Might need to rotate the top piece to get it off because the spring is fighting you a bit. It will unwind once you free it from the three bolts that hold it. Unscrew the helix and replace and put all that back together the in reverse. I got a tip to flip the whole assembly over and rest it on a roll of duct tape to make reassembly much esier because you can use all your weight to push and twist the top back on as you put the three nuts back on. Remount secondary and make sure the rubbber grommet on the motor side goes in the secondary smoothly and doesn't get pinched. Tighten to around 20 ft lbs. or there abouts. Not sure the exact spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts