Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to remove my primary to install ods kit dont know if i have the right puller? do i need to tap on it while the puller is on ? help !! :cn:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by bad1stcat@Sep 11 2005, 06:28 AM
trying to remove my primary to install ods kit dont know if i have the right puller? do i need to tap on it while the puller is on ? help !!  :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869462
[/quote]

put lots of grease on end of puller. Don't go to crazy with the hammer. get it real tight should pop off. if you have to could try some hot water on clutch to expand were it goes on crank...but this works best in winter when clutch/ motor is cold. Can be hard to get off the first time but if you take off once a year or so not to bad.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Be very careful with the hammer. My buddy messed up his threads because he hit it with a hammer. It was full of grease and tight. Just becareful with it. It will come off. If you need help get a long helper bar to turn the wrench.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what type of clutch puller should i be using i have one with a long bolt and a disk on the end that pushes the outer sheave against the spring and it stops when it hits the shaft is it the right kind if puller ? :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts