Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't catch a break, my secondary issues of a few weeks ago and now this. Earlier this week was messing with getting my offset set and noticed that my weights looked off to one side on the pin. It looks as though my clutch buttons are wore goofy, right side is wore more than the left.
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ive seen 2 2007 f8's like this at the dealer i work at.
we caught them before they were started so no harm done. they were off center like yours.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Refresh my memory – what sled and what clutch... the '07 four ramper?

If I'm looking at that correctly... it looks like the weight is grinding away at the spider near the roller, right??? How bad is it, and is that the only one that's doing it? Just the heel area, or the full length of the ramp? As many times as I've had my clutch off and on, I don't think I've ever looked that closely at it from that perspective, but it sure looks like something to check out for sure. Let us know what else you find and how bad it is please.

UGH... always something! – Roy

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Refresh my memory – what sled and what clutch... the '07 four ramper?

If I'm looking at that correctly... it looks like the weight is grinding away at the spider near the roller, right??? How bad is it, and is that the only one that's doing it? Just the heel area, or the full length of the ramp? As many times as I've had my clutch off and on, I don't think I've ever looked that closely at it from that perspective, but it sure looks like something to check out for sure. Let us know what else you find and how bad it is please.

UGH... always something! – Roy[/b]

Its a 07 3 ramper, yes the weight is hitting every so slightly. Should this be warranty ? shitty thing is I don't even have my stock weights anymore. All 3 weights are offset.

·
Premium Member
20,503 Posts
They are rarely perfectly centered on the roller but they should not hit. Look like yours are though. Obviously, the allens are in the holes right? If that is the case why not shim the bolts all over to the other side a whisker with a washer placed under the bolt head? easy fix. Is the roller worn or just discolored? I bet it's fine. If it is whipped I would think AC should cover it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
does it have the rubber oring on both sides???

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are rarely perfectly centered on the roller but they should not hit. Look like yours are though. Obviously, the allens are in the holes right? If that is the case why not shim the bolts all over to the other side a whisker with a washer placed under the bolt head? easy fix. Is the roller worn or just discolored? I bet it's fine. If it is whipped I would think AC should cover it.[/b]
At first I thought the O rings were smashed and didn't offer the correct alignment. So I drove to the AC dealer 36 miles away and got new O rings. Still same shit, yes the set screws are in the holes. I thought about putting a washer in there to correct it. You are correct the weights have wore into the side.

F&F

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
maybe you just need new pins with the... maybe the pins you have in there dont have the set screw hole lined up center.... i dont know... im taking a stab in the dark here.

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe you just need new pins with the... maybe the pins you have in there dont have the set screw hole lined up center.... i dont know... im taking a stab in the dark here.[/b]
Weights set screws are in the holes in the pins. double, triple, quadruple checked that.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Weights set screws are in the holes in the pins. double, triple, quadruple checked that.[/b]
i know they are in the holes but are the holes center on the pin? :wacko:

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
Its a 07 3 ramper, yes the weight is hitting every so slightly. Should this be warranty ? shitty thing is I don't even have my stock weights anymore. All 3 weights are offset.[/b]
I would think that should be covered by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
20,503 Posts
Remove pins, make new dimple holes in them 1/16" over and about 90 degrees one way or the other. I like that idea better than the washer. Measure, mark and drill/dremel. Done. That's if they do not fix it.

·
Premium Member
39,129 Posts
At first I thought the O rings were smashed and didn't offer the correct alignment. So I drove to the AC dealer 36 miles away and got new O rings. Still same shit, yes the set screws are in the holes. I thought about putting a washer in there to correct it. You are correct the weights have wore into the side.

F&F[/b]
Get Polaris part number #5430945, it will center shim the rollers. 54 cents each.

Don

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Get Polaris part number #5430945, it will center shim the rollers. 54 cents each.
Don[/b]
These shims, they go were ?

·
Premium Member
20,503 Posts
On the roller's pin I think. That would be a good idea for my sled where the roller is off to the side a bit but the pin is nearly centered. I'm not sure how they would help you though? what did I miss

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the roller's pin I think. That would be a good idea for my sled where the roller is off to the side a bit but the pin is nearly centered. I'm not sure how they would help you though? what did I miss[/b]
If I have to split the clutch, its going back to a dealer for warranty. NO way it should be like this. Crappy thing is I don't have any stock weights and I am willing to bet the farm that there gonna say my aftermarket weights are to blame.

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would think that should be covered by the dealer.[/b]
Thats the thing, my dealer no longer sells cats, and I don't have any working relationship with any others. I am still hoping I can find a dealer that will let me send my ECU to them for the re-flash. I ain't got time to be hauling my sled 40-70-100 miles one way.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Thats the thing, my dealer no longer sells cats, and I don't have any working relationship with any others. I am still hoping I can find a dealer that will let me send my ECU to them for the re-flash. I ain't got time to be hauling my sled 40-70-100 miles one way.[/b]
As far as warranty ,i think you are out of luck ..after 3000 miles my clutch bushings are stating to get pretty wore.So i talked to my warranty claims guy and he said that a clutch`s internals ,bushings etc are considered a wear part ...not covered.

I tried to get a price on a new one and the part number would change to the three weight .They called TRF and they don`t have any left and the three weight is back ordered till feb 5.

List price $680 cdn $516 us

1 - 20 of 66 Posts