Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 600VEV engine in my 04 1M. I have an 05 primary 6-tower clutch and a modded secondary with belt to fit. The primary has 68's, and the Bikeman green spring which is equivalent to Cat's black. I tried an O/W but changed it before I left the shed as it was engaging around 34-3500 and the clutch seemed to delay going to its resting position once you let off the gas.

The secondary has a 57/50 helix and green spring on the 2nd hole (tension side).

I also have D&D twin pipes.

I took the sled to a field yesterday to test out and engagement was around 37-3800. The field was abit rough and not long so I couldn't go for a long stretch open throttle but I did crank on it for 3 seconds I guess and it peaked at around 7500.

It seems the range from engagement to peak is low. If I can shift that range about 5-600 I should be very close to what I want. I've maxed out on the primary spring I can use. Dropping the weights would be my next step I figure. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve...like I said thats my first thought. But I was hoping to get some replies from some experienced clutch tuners out there who know what they are doing far more than amateurs like ourselves. :)

Did you get your secondary clutch off yet? or is it still ceased on.

Anywho, I would appreciate any detailed thoughts on this setup from the experienced fellas out there, especially on the secondary as well.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.