Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '98 has perma-stain on the exhaust side of the green belly pan. Nothing will clean it now, I've tried everyting! The stain has worked its way into the plastic. I am thinking about buying some new green side pans, but if I do, is there anything that can prevent the exhaust stain from happenign again? Something to spray on, perhaps, that would help prevent the exhaust soot build-up?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Have yopu tried the Arctic cat Belly pan cleaner it was the only thing i found to remove it, unless your green started to yellow from it.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Try strait gasoline on a rag and it will usually get it off, although you may have repeat the process several times. Also worth a try, Ski-Doo makes a plastic cleaner that comes in a spray bottle that works very well. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Originally posted by wastedwagesracing@Sep 26 2005, 11:21 PM
Have yopu tried the Arctic cat Belly pan cleaner it was the only thing i found to remove it, unless your green started to yellow from it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894859
[/quote]

:werd: :withstupid: stuff works wonders, for 10$ a bottle it should. keep away from the paint though, it will take it right off. good luck

·
Registered
20,649 Posts
after you do what ever you have to do to get off the stain, I would spry the belly pan down with some silcon spry and let it dry before you go out and ride it. then wipe down the belly pan after each trip with a rag.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I used this citrus orange cleaner and a brush....spray, let soak, then scrub...comes right off...c12 works great too

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Cat belly cleaner always worked good for me..

All black sleds have their benefits :celebrating:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said, I tried everything, even the Cat cleaner, and it is basically perma-stained. I think it has simply worked its way into the plastic after years of use. Green looks the best, just hard to keep clean!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Originally posted by MikeZR600@Sep 26 2005, 10:20 PM
My '98 has perma-stain on the exhaust side of the green belly pan.  Nothing will clean it now, I've tried everyting!  The stain has worked its way into the plastic.  I am thinking about buying some new green side pans, but if I do, is there anything that can prevent the exhaust stain from happenign again?  Something to spray on, perhaps, that would help prevent the exhaust soot build-up?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894768
[/quote]

I've got a set of new black bellypans for ya. :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
I have done a lot of research on this problem.
I bought a 98 ZR 600 xc brand new and couldn't find anything that worked, so I made and marketed my own fix.
The problem is that the plastic the pans are made of is a by-product of oil. and the stain is burnt oil and
when the stain is left on the pans for to long the stain actually impregnates into the plastic making what you call a "perma stain"
When this happens you are pretty much screwed.
If you want to buy a new side pan I can tell you how to keep it nice.

First off every morning before you go ridding take and spray your pan where it gets stained with Pam cooking spray. This makes a barrier that keeps the "soot" floating on the spray and doesn't "soak" into the plastic. You must clean it after your trip when you get home. I have tried a lot of products and nothing works as good as mine.
Dig out your old Sept 99 Snowtech magazine it is in the "Feedback" section and the "What's new" section of the same mag.
The only thing is that "Bellyache" is flammable and has to go with a special handling and since the planes hit the towers, UPS has really cracked down and it is so hard to ship and costs so much it isn't worth my while anymore, I do still make it, but I won't ship it anymore.I still sell a lot of it to walk in customers that come and pick it up.
I have a cabin in the Gaylord area and I have met people on the side of the road while I am heading up to sell it.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts