Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Polaris 04 500 xcsp has always seemed like it builds up a lot of pressure in gas tank. Yesterday on long run ,it died out at a quarter tank and wouldn't restart untill I opened tank, LOTS of pressure there. Whats my problem? a vent hose kinked? Before I tear into it, where does the vent line begin and what else should I do to keep this from happening again?

Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
12,705 Posts
Sounds like a vent line to me too. The vent line should come out at the top rear part of the tank and run up the handlebar post or across the handlebar loop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was riding with a friend once and saw his gas tank as we came in for gas, it was a Yamaha but his tank had sucked itself into a wild contorted shape. turned out his vent hose got pinched.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was riding with a friend once and saw his gas tank as we came in for gas, it was a Yamaha but his tank had sucked itself into a wild contorted shape. turned out his vent hose got pinched.[/b]

Yep, actually couldn't get the top back on tank because bottom had warped up,and stayed that way for a while.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't think it was cold enough for that, from day one the tank always seemed to make a noise like pressure escaping whenI opened it. This might have been the first time I let the gas get below 1/4 tank .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts