Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from jo mary in Millinocket trails were very good ,
heading to Presque isle looking for advice on which way to head from there to make some nice loops and getting fuel..need to fuel up around 90-100 miles .any advice is much appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
no worries about fuel anywhere in the county....
No concern with volume of gas stations but one thing to keep in mind is that most of these places, especially in the crown, do not have 24/7 pumps or card readers. If you like to ride late into the evening or night you need to plan accordingly. I've gotten myself into trouble on a few occasions. But in true County fashion the store owners were more than happy to open up for a stranded rider!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just got back from jo mary in Millinocket trails were very good ,
heading to Presque isle looking for advice on which way to head from there to make some nice loops and getting fuel..need to fuel up around 90-100 miles .any advice is much appreciated
Ride away plenty of places to get fuel.....

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
No concern with volume of gas stations but one thing to keep in mind is that most of these places, especially in the crown, do not have 24/7 pumps or card readers. If you like to ride late into the evening or night you need to plan accordingly. I've gotten myself into trouble on a few occasions. But in true County fashion the store owners were more than happy to open up for a stranded rider!
Yeah, even during the day, there aren't any places up there that I can think of that even have pay at the pump! Even in Ft. Kent! Maybe Presque Isle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you leave out of Houlton and head to Oxbow there maybe a chance of cutting it close on fuel . Or if Your late getting to Oxbow to fuel bc the next stop is Ashland .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last weekend jo mary was excellent on Friday,,,by Saturday afternoon back to wildwoods was rough,,,getting very thin by neoc. parkway was priceless hi low road all excellent,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts