Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
39,540 Posts
Don't know if anyone saw the video of jim acosta at the texas border where they build a new metal slat wall? He's trying to prove for cnn that theres no crisis,its all manufactured. There showing there's no illegals anywhere in the area trying to cross......Oh, jim doesn't that prove the new wall works?:wall::wall::wall: ....all the crossing have moved to easier open areas with no border many miles away where they can just walk in.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I read that in the urban areas (where a wall already exists) its not a good enough wall. Its not footed deep enough and they have several options as far as tunnels to pick from. What about driving metal sheeting like the dock builders do for piers (SP?). My neighbor runs a crane with hammer that stuffs a 60' long piece of steel shaped like a W half way into the ground. Give you 30' of wall and 30' of safety net below. The W's interlock and are about an inch thick. The truck backs in, he sets his hammer aside and grabs the claw, unloads the truck. Puts the hammer back on and keeps driving. Creates a few actual good paying jobs and gives us the warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Land mines, that's my solution

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
At least we know it's a solution that would work. Not perfect but it seem like a lot of backers for this steel curtain will take anything no matter how imperfect, ineffective or expensive it would be.

Not sure what the going rate of a land mine is these days but even at gubment rates I would think they could get quite a few of those things for $5 Billion dollars. At least enough to sprinkle here and there and then just put signs up everywhere else. Will only take a few blown up hikers to keep the area clear. That's a plan I can get behind.
They won't approve 5 bill, for the good of our country, the approach works. It's proven. But Palosi and the gang approved 54 bill, to give away to foreign government aid. Nice

·
Registered
839 Posts
I read this article in Fortune written about a year ago now. This was when the Republican party had much less Democratic opposition to deal with and still could not agree (even with those on the same side politically) on a rational solution to building a wall or fence.

Everything We Know About Donald Trump's Proposed Border Wall | Fortune

While the article is based on data from a year ago place it in contrast to what is being asked for today. What is clear is the average American is completely confused and has no actual idea what their $5.7 Billion in tax dollars is going to get them. I am practical. I simply want to know what this massive amount of money is actually going to provide specific to stemming the flow of illegal immigrants and stemming the flow of illegal drugs.

That is common sense. Here is the exact same analogy.

I am going on a trip. I estimate that I need 20 gallons of gas to reach my destination. Gas is going to cost me approx $3 per gallon so I need at least $60 dollars to purchase that gas but I only have $15 in my pocket to spend on gas. I am not going to go on the trip until I know I have enough money in my pocket to make it there.

In contrast our dumb shit politicians just drive until the $15 is gone their pockets are empty and then hope the average American won't notice that they never reached the actual destination.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They won't approve 5 bill, for the good of our country, the approach works. It's proven. But Palosi and the gang approved 54 bill, to give away to foreign government aid. Nice
This is the real problem. Focusing in on the politicians and politics. Exactly what all of these fucking morons hope you will do. Then re-elect their dumb asses when it's time to vote again.

The data shows the gubment needed $15 - 25 Billion to repair, replace and install a new barrier wall/fence. Now they are going to try to accomplish this with $5 Billion. In business that's called pissing money away. Trump the builder should know you cannot finish any project successfully with 1/4 the budget required.

Not sure how anyone thinks we will accomplish the objective with a half assed (really quarter assed) attempt.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Don't know if anyone saw the video of jim acosta at the texas border where they build a new metal slat wall? He's trying to prove for cnn that theres no crisis,its all manufactured. There showing there's no illegals anywhere in the area trying to cross......Oh, jim doesn't that prove the new wall works?:wall::wall::wall: ....all the crossing have moved to easier open areas with no border many miles away where they can just walk in.
This one?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-jr-acosta-for-twitter-gaffe

·
Registered
39,540 Posts
Yeah, and i'll bet the dems did to, but they rather put politics ahead hating trump than fixing this issue. I hope it doesn't come down to trump having to deal a year with the courts, but i guess one way or another he has do what he has to do.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,236 Posts
Has anyone else been listening to the border cheif and other border agents talk about how absolutley effective the areas with the WALL have been ?
You mean the border chief that was working for Obama that Trump dismissed?? Yeah - if that guy is telling it like it is (Which seems to be the case) these Dems once again have only one agenda: If Donald wants it, they don't. Period. Screw the fact that we've all voted for and supported this in the past, we CANNOT let PRESIDENT TRUMP claim any sort of "victory" in what he campaigned on.

I know I know, its all politics, but this is beyond egregious. What a bunch of scum to be dealing with as President. ANY President.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts