Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two place, tilt, non enclosed sled trailer.
I may need to use it for hauling firewood, furniture etc.
What is the best way to do this so that stuff doesn't move around or fall off? I should be able to ratchet the furniture down but what about smaller stuff like firewood, gas cans etc.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Install folding tiedown rings along the inside edge of the aluminum sides on the top of the trailer. Lay a tarp on the trailer, place all the items together in the middle, fold the tarp over all the items. Use one of those giant bunge nets over the top, with tie downs going over the whole thing. You can also place smaller items into very large tote boxes. Again, tarp together and strap down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the building industry, but they make a floor product called "TJI's". They are an engineered wood product, that is shaped as an I-beam. The top and bottom flanges of the I-beam are made from 2x3's or 2x4's and the center (web) is made from a piece of OSB. They come in several heights ranging from 9 1/2" to 16", and are available at most lumber yards (Not Lowe's or Home Depot's)
You can pre-drill holes through the lip on your trailer, and lag bolt through the holes and into the bottom flange of the TJI.
If I had pics of mine, I would post them. I haul trash, debris, mulch, etc.. to & from construction projects during the summer. I have used this same set-up for the past 4 years.
BTW....I have a 2001 Triton XT 101" x 10'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts