Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new standard Green F7. This site has been a big help to me...also a bit overwelming looking at all of the issues with the F series. I have not started the sled yet because Iam totally confused as to what I should do. The dealer told me that all updates have been completed including the oil pump adjustment. Is the sled going to go through a lot of oil do to the fact that the pump is opened up to the fullest extent? Will that effect the sleds performance? Can I call Cat to find out if all the updates have been done?...Im not sure If I can trust the dealer. Also what grade of gas..87, 89, 93??? Anyway some people say to run pre-mix for the first tank or two & some people say you can't premix with EFI. What is the truth?? From what I can see the sled was manufactured in October & the sled has a square symbol on the ECU....if that means anything. I plan on leaving for a 600 mile trip tomarrow & I'm wondering if I should leave this new sled home & take my old 600 efi instead??? I would appreciate any feedback for new F7 owners & what I should be doing so I don't burn this sled down. What should I be watching out for..etc?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Eric

Woodford, VT

·
Registered
4 Posts
use 87 octane gas and run it in the "regular" switch position. Don't worry about premix, it will be plenty rich if it had the oil pump update.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts